The impending release of Modern Warfare may be attracting all the attention, but Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 isn’t ready to retire just yet. A new content season has just been launched, Operation Dark Divide, and you can enjoy it now on Playstation 4 (yes, we’re still doing the exclusivity thing….you know the drill, XBox owners, wait one month).
Among other offerings, the new season will be wrapping up the Aether storyline — an event ten years in the making. It all wraps up in Tag Der Toten, the biggest Zombies adventure yet. “Having introduced Zombies as an easter egg in Call of Duty®: World at War, this final chapter for the Aether storyline marks an emotional moment for us as developers,” reflects Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head at Treyarch. “We’ve poured all of that energy and emotion into Tag Der Toten, and we can’t wait for players to experience it for themselves.”
- New Blackout Updates – Blackout features a fresh new comic book aesthetic. Additionally, players can now double-jump and catch some serious air in the limited-time game mode, Heavy Metal Heroes. With Heavy Metal Heroes new equipment such as flare guns and a brand-new tank vehicle have also been added to the battlefield to help players in the ultimate Battle Royale fire-fight.
- New Zombies Features – Operation Dark Divide introduces a new Perk and two new Elixirs as players experience the final chapter of the Aether story.
- Secret Shopper Elixer: Players will be able to go on an ammo shopping spree and buy any ammo for any gun they’re holding from any wall buy.
- Power Vacuum Elixer: The drop rate for all power ups is boosted significantly for a few minutes after activating.
- Blaze Phase Perk: Players can become a charging fireball that knocks enemies back or burns them to a crisp.
- New Black Market Gear – The Black Market has been restocked with a variety of new outfits fit for both heroes and villains, personalisation items, weapon camos and gestures tailored for Operation Dark Divide. This includes new weapons like the VMP SMG, AN-94 Assault Rifle and the Echohawk Dual Bore Assault Rifle, that players can acquire and learn to master. Also available are the MkII and the Mastercraft variants of the VKM 750, the Predator S6 Stingray Mastercraft, and two super outfits for Nomad (“Lupine”) and Crash (“Rigor Mortis”).
There’s even more than that if you satisfy the right conditions; those who hold the Black Ops Pass gain access to the following additional content:
- New Multiplayer Map, Lair– Set in the lair of a mega villain, this medium-sized map is built around a volcano’s caldera. Players must weave around the multi-level map to strategically gain the upper hand before the volcanically powered Death Laser goes off.
- Multiplayer Map, Launch – Reimagined from the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops,Launch is a medium-sized map set in a launch pad at a Soviet Cosmodrome. Players will have to make sure they don’t get caught in the middle of the rocket launch during the fire fight.
- The Zombies Experience, Tag Der Toten – The Victis Crew returns for their final outing of the Aether storyline. The last chapter of a decades long epic in the making is here for players to immerse themselves into. Elements of the fan-favourite Call of the Dead map have been re-imagined and expanded, so players can explore new areas and solve ever increasingly difficult Easter Eggs that tell the real story.
All this and more can be experienced in Operation Dark Divide, now available in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on Playstation 4.