NITE Team 4, a hacking simulation and strategy game with RPG elements that is related to The Black Watchmen Alternate Reality Game (ARG) universe, has landed on Steam Greenlight. In the game, you play as a new recruit in a sophisticated hacking team, called Network Intelligence & Technical Evaluation (NITE) Team 4, that reports to a large intelligence agency. Your job will be to use the STINGER hacking terminal to infiltrate hardened computer networks and coordinate a team of field agents to carry out missions that feature real-world espionage tradecraft terminology taken from leaked NSA documents.
The game currently has a number of features already implemented, including:
- Manage Your Team – Direct troops in the field to carry out hacking operations like implanting devices and sabotaging equipment.
- Terminal Program Experience – The STINGER hacking terminal is a command line interface that allows players to use UNIX style commands to deliver an authentic hacking experience.
- Top Secret – Mission objectives and descriptions feature real world NSA intel analyst terminology, taken straight from leaked NSA documents.
- Test Your Skill – Test your reflexes and strategic thinking abilities as you play through a collection of mini-games to exploit firewalls or decrypt diplomatic intercept traffic.
- Gear Up – Build up your hacking rig and outfit your team in the best gear
That’s not to say that NITE Team 4 will only have these features; on the contrary, the game is set to have a number of other features added throughout the rest of development, such as:
- Grand narrative arc, delivered over the course of several missions
- Steam achievements
- Multi-Player functions
- Fully populated file directories with narrative content
NITE Team 4 was originally a hacking team in the Alternate Reality Game The Black Watchmen. The design team saw that there was potential for NITE Team 4 to have it’s own story and a simulated hacking client would be an interesting expansion of the Black Watchmen world. We want to create a complex, well rounded hacking game that exists within a deep Alternate Reality universe. With your support and feedback, we believe that we can achieve this goal to deliver a unique hacking simulation experience. You can find the game on Steam Greenlight here.