Hamburg-based strategy game specialist Bytro Labs just launched the open beta of their new online game New World Empires. Players can now register on the website of the game for free and immediately start colonizing new territories. Following the tradition of Bytro’s long-running hits Supremacy 1914 and Call of War, New World Empires offers sophisticated grand strategy in a realistically designed historical setting.
Players advance through the centuries, starting with the discovery of the New World and moving on until the Napoleonic Wars of the early 19th century. They decide on how to approach the race of nations: Do they wage war on their neighbors? Improve their realm peacefully with a focus on economy and culture? Or do they seek their luck abroad and try to establish colonies in the new world?
New World Empires is set to have a number of features, including:
- Compete against up to 30 players for victory
- Explore unknown lands and discover the New World
- Colonize newly discovered provinces
- Conquer your enemies with units from three different branches: regular troops, mercenaries and colonial troops
- Administrate provinces and improve them
- Manage 10 different terrain types which influence units
- Research 150+ techs from the warfare, economy and colonization techtree including many buildings, buffs and units
- Research eras to unlock new levels and technologies
There are 10 different types of terrain, 3 unit branches and more than 150 technologies, which can be researched to improve different aspects of the empire (economy, colonization, warfare). A unit cap system balances battles and makes smart army management very important. Christopher Lörken, co-founder and managing director at Bytro Labs spoke about the game, saying:
“With the development of New World Empires we remain true to our company DNA by providing our community as well as new players with a well-balanced core strategy game with endless tactical options.”
Players can register for the open beta here.