Monster Crown, Studio Aurum’s Pokemon-inspired monster trading and battling game, is still in Early Access on Steam, but it creeps closer to completion every week. The latest update brings with it 15 new monsters, the ability to ride a monster, a map expansion and new storyline details.
Players can now access a new region, the castle of Empathy Kingdom, where they can experience a tale involving its resident, King Dania. The previous two updates have added online monster training, a new gene lab and expanded move capability for monsters.
Monster Crown takes place on Crown Island, a community with a dark past. Long ago, the cruel Philosopher Kings ruled the island, using their dark powers to achieve dominance and torture their subjects. That lasted until the people had enough and rose as one to defeat them. Ever since, Crown Island has been at peace, but that could change if an evil young woman has her way…she’s seeking to bring back the Kings’ dark power, and your main goal is to stop her. You do this by collecting, training and battling the monster species found around the island.
• Make pacts with monsters to receive their protection in return for shelter
• Breed and fuse over 200 base monsters to create your own new species
• Travel across Crown Island with your monster allies to uncover a dark world.
• Make a pivotal decision that will drastically change the ending and post-game.
• Play online to battle and trade, and have your new species reach across the globe.
The Early Access version of Monster Crown is available now on Steam.