Last Will, an upcoming puzzle solving game, has finally launched on Steam Greenlight, with the game also getting a teaser trailer, which you can see below. Describing the game, the developers have said:
“Last Will is a reverse Puzzle Room game, where you need to get into the center of a grand old mansion, made by a eccentric and paranoid old professor.”
The game is set of have a number of different features once it is released sometime this Spring, including:
- Randomly generated mansion.
- 20+ diffirent puzzle types.
- Easy and simple movement and UI, putting the focus on solving the puzzles themselves.
- 10+ beautiful mansion rooms, including a overgrown garden.
- New puzzles added bi-weekly.
- Configurable game setup, where you can pick out your own custom puzzle composition.
- Work together in 4-player multiplayer.
- Oculus Rift support.
- Modular challenges makes mods and Steam Workshop additions possible.
- Flexible hint system makes sure you don’t get absolutely stuck.
The player will be tested in all manner of skills like logic, perception, maths, communication, timing and riddles. The game can be played alone, or in teams of up to 4 players. The mansion is randomly generated each time, and the difficulty can be adjusted. The game can be played in Heist Mode with a countdown clock, or in Free Play where you can set your own pace. Last Will, according to the developers, has some mild occult undertones, without going all out on a horror limb.
The developers have said that the plan to release the game sometime around May, saying:
“We currently have a simplistic version ready, that we are expanding and playtesting at a rapid rate. We hope to have everything ready for a launch around May 2016. We will launch an english version first, and look into localizations if everything seems stable.”
You can find Last Will on Steam Greenlight here