Last December developer New World Interactive brought forth Insurgency: Sandstorm, the latest version of their best-selling FPS. Now they’ve updated it with The Frontline, a patch that adds a new map and game mode.
The game mode itself is named Frontline; it’s a tug-of-war PvP mode where the goal is to capture the enemy objectives while keeping your own objectives safe (I’m just going by the PR copy here; it treats “objectives” as some kind of item). Find the final weapon cache objective to win the match.
The new map is named Hillside and it’s a reimagining of the classic Insurgency mod map Sinjar — this time in the winter, with plenty of snow. New World used the Normandy beaches of D-Day as inspiration for wide-open fields and high elevation positions for defenders.
There are also new weapons now available with this patch: two Galil LMG-variant assault rifles, a new 3x scope for the QBZ-03, and a batch of winter cosmetics for both Insurgents and Security factions. You can use these new items in any map and mode.
- = The 3,6 million selling Military FPS comes enhanced and expanded.
- – Built in Unreal Engine 4, the game takes the series into a new era on PC.
- – Fight across a modern battlefield utilizing gameplay mechanics that blur the lines between reality and shooter
- – Battle across expansive maps up to 16-versus-16 in online multiplayer, or in co-op against bots
- – Emphasis on strategic teamplay with in-game positional voice chat and a clever use of vehicles and air support
- – Compete in Insurgency: Sandstorm’s ranked modes which rewards teamwork and objective play
Watch out for more free content updates for Insurgency: Sandstorm….a regular schedule of content is planned for release through 2020. Insurgency: Sandstorm is available now on PC.