As video game premises go, Hyper Parasite has an interesting one. The setting is an alternate 1980s where World War III has broken out. Chaos reigns in the streets, tension is at a high, and to make matters worse, there’s this alien organism running around, possessing people to make them do its bidding. What is its ultimate goal?
They should ask you….YOU’RE playing the parasite.
The game is an overhead shooter-slash-brawler that lets you seize control of 60 different playable characters, each with their own unique weapons and abilities. As Hyper Parasite you’ll traverse across 13 levels of insanity, facing off against relentless bosses, plus several mini-bosses backing them up.
- A fresh twist on the genre: hop from one host body to another
- 60 Playable Characters to Body-Snatch and utilise their attributes
- Unique retro 3D-pixelated visual style
- Original retro inspired synth-wave soundtrack
- Cast+weapon includes – cops+guns, Werewolves+claws, robots+lasers, aliens and so much more
- Procedurally generated levels that will play differently each time, challenging even the most seasoned of players
- Extremely fun co-op mode: will the humans handle TWO HyperParasites?
Hyper Parasite is coming to all modern game-playing machines in 2019….Switch, PS4, PC and XBox One. Here’s the brand-new Switch announcement trailer.
A dystopian world presents an ambience of dislocation, menace and tough love which is set around World War III. The unseen aggressor marauding and consuming its way through the population is a parasitic organism capable of making hosts of unsuspecting human beings, consuming what’s left of their souls and wreaking unfathomable havoc.