Do you ever watch news stories about vicious, mindless cults being founded and think “i could totally pull that off”? Then Team17 and Sole Survivor Games’ Honey, I Joined A Cult is for you. It’s a sim game set in the 1970s where your goal is to design, manage and spread your own cult.
Design the funky layout of your headquarters and spread recruiters throughout the unsuspecting shaggy, hairy populace. Grow your influence in local society, while keeping an eye out for those who might smell what’s going on and attempt to bust you up. Keep rival egos in check while growing your own…and that gaudy gold-painted Rolls Royce could be yours.
- Take full control of a funky cult: Recruit cultists and followers to maintain the organisation’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy to grow its money and influence
- Build freaky deaky bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms
- Overcome groovy missions and challenges: Complete missions to unlock resources or fulfil the leader’s demands to keep their ego in check
- Stick it to ‘The Man’: Overcome threats from nosey journalists, oppressive government bodies, and rival heretical cults
- Get down with deities: The player’s choice of the cult’s focus of worship affects the wider tech tree, as well as the missions and unlocks available
It’ll be a while before Honey, I joined A Cult is ready to face the world…the Early Access version won’t hit Steam until early 2021. But at least you’ve been warned ahead of time.