75 years ago today, US troops invaded the beaches of Normandy in one of World War II’s bloodiest and most important battles. Now, on the anniversary of D-Day, developer Black Matter has released Hell Let Loose, an ambitious first-person shooter set during WWII.
The game features open battles of 100 players at a time, with infantry, tanks, artillery and a shifting front line. Choose from 14 authentic wartime positions including machine gunner, tank commander and more. Hell Let Loose went into production in 2016 and launched a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2017. Months of beta testing were conducted in the months leading up to now, and it’s finally ready for open testing.
- Hell Let Loose is a realistic multiplayer World War II first-person shooter with open battles of 100 players with infantry, tanks, artillery and a shifting front line. At its core is a unique resource-based strategic meta-game that is easy to learn, but hard to master. This is World War II at a scale you’ve never played before.
- An Epic Theater of War :Take to the battlefield in 50 vs. 50 multiplayer across huge maps. Choose one of 14 playable roles within infantry, recon and armor unit types, each equipped with different weapons, vehicles and equipment. Play as an officer, scout, machine gunner, medic, engineer, tank commander and more to experience every aspect of World War II combat.
- Unprecedented Scale: Placing you on real-scale iconic battlefields of World War II is at the heart of the Hell Let Loose experience. Historical vehicles, weapons, uniforms are intricately detailed, and the combat is as brutal and bloody as it was on the day. Combat takes place on huge, to-scale maps from real battle locations, recreated using archival aerial photography and satellite imagery in stunning detail using Unreal Engine 4.
- A Unique Meta-Game: Fight for victory by breaking through the enemy lines on a large, evolving battlefield. Manage resources and supplies to call in support, reinforce strongpoints or flank enemies. Strategy is key to success.
- Fight Together, Win Together: Hell Let Loose is not all about kill/death ratios and unlocks – teamwork is central to gameplay. Communication is essential. Players work together beneath the leadership of officers and their commander to take strategic targets on the battlefield and dominate the opposition. Hell Let Loose is a game that demands teamwork and communication not only to win, but to survive.
You’ll find Hell Let Loose on Steam Early Access as of today. The plan is to put the game through a year of open testing and refinement, with content patches being added every six to eight weeks.