Around this time last year, Team17 and Warpzone Studios announced a new strategy game (which they refer to as a “dwarven mining colony simulator”) called Hammerting. The game is almost ready to be put through its paces…an Early Access version will hit Steam later this month.
You control and manage a colony of dwarves that live in the caverns within the Mountains of Mara. Assign them jobs and help them craft materials, build their base, and explore the outside areas…where they’ll find there’s a war going on in the Overworld. Though our diminutive heroes are too short to last very long out there, they can help the cause by selling the things they create and the elements they find to their allies.
- Control the destiny of the dwarves: As the colony grows, active management of the dwarves, including the friendships they make and their morale, will be key to helping the war effort
- Design and create the ultimate base: Bore and upgrade a variety of rooms, from forges and sculpting studios to taverns and auxiliary functions, to help the colony craft the ultimate base
- Help with the war effort: Build and upgrade a variety of items through a deep levelling system
- Discover valuable materials to quarry: Venture into the bowels of the mountainside & face increasingly perilous situations
- Prepare to defend the mine: Different dwarves for different combat situations; harness weapons from swords to two-handed hammers to overcome goblin invaders.
Look for Hammerting on Steam Early Access starting October 27. Note that a demo version of the game is already available and contains an hour’s worth of gameplay, so…try it out.