The indie studio Altergaze has been working on a new VR title, iNFLiCTED, for about a year now. As a soul stuck in Purgatory, your sole (or, “soul”) mission is to find a way out through any means possible. iNFLiCTED isn’t the type of game you see every day — in addition to it being VR, the title shifts between FIVE different gameplay mechanics:
- Arcade-like missions where you look around to control your soul
- Open world exploration where you tilt your head to turn left and right
- Fast predefined racing levels where you rely on memory and reflexes to avoid obstacles
- Time based puzzle solving missions where you need to match specific combinations
- Side-scrolling levels where a character is following your soul and you need to convince him to do “something”
As the game nears completion, Altergaze is looking for crowdfunding dollars to publish it — which is where you come in. Pledging $20 gets you the game. $50 nets you the game plus a digital art book, cardboard VR glasses to slip your phone into, a phone wallpaper set and your name in the credits. Currently you can also pick the “Early Bird” tier to get the cardboard glasses for $20, but with only 500 spots available, it will go fast. Last we checked it was still open.
With platformer, racing, and puzzle elements — all in virtual reality first-person — iNFLiCTED sounds like nothing else out there. The current schedule promises a delivery date by October.
Explore the realm of Purgatory: a graveyard as far as the eyes can see. A sinister yet peaceful game of lights and shadows featuring multiple gameplay styles. Escape the Catacombs of Limbo, sneak into the Temple of Fate and fight the demons at the Gates of Hell in order to save your soul!