Today is the day you can MORK BORG your head off, as the first tabletop game to be published under Free League’s Workshop label (a new sublabel for externally developed games, as well as a website for fan-created scenarios) becomes available.
MORK BORK is an artpunk RPG, blacker than the blackest depths of a….big black thing. Creators Ockult Örtmästare Games and Stockholm Kartell says it’s “about lost souls and fools seeking redemption, forgiveness or the last remaining riches in a bleak and decaying world. Who are you? The tomb-robber with silver glittering between cracked fingernails? The mystic who would bend the world’s heart away from it’s inevitable end?” They add, “The world is dying. And you with it.”
MORK BORG can be played as its own standalone game, or its parts can be salvaged as part of an existing game. Within the pages of its rulebook, you’ll find:
- A brief look at this dying world. From The Two-Headed Basilisks’ gothic cathedral in Galgenbeck and Blood-countess Anthelia’s limestone palace, to the fields of death in Graven-Tosk and the barren wastes of Kergüs.
- The Calendar of Nechrubel, that decides the speed of the world’s demise.
- 20 occult Powers that let you bend reality, and just as many magical catastrophes for when you disastrously fail.
- Optional rules which bring more depth to the game. Omens let you turn bad luck into a slightly better one. Classes with unique traits and quirks, and tables that will bring life into your character.
- 12 creatures to be murdered by.
- Game master tools such as tables for corpse plundering, occult treasure, adventure sparks, dungeon generating and other devilry.
- The introductory dungeon crawl scenario Rotblack Sludge, where you investigate a forgotten part of the Shadow King’s enormous ruin palace. Cannibal warlocks, poison peddlers from beyond the void and hungry gutworms await.
You can pick up MORK BORG at the Free League webshop right now, or at select retail stores and hobby shops.