What Are Your Favorite Homebrew Rules or Mods for D&D Campaigns?

Owlbear

Membery
Homebrew rules can really take a campaign from ordinary to extraordinary! I love hearing how different Dungeon Masters customize their games to fit their group's playstyle or to enhance the story.

For instance, I recently added a "Fate Point" system in my D&D campaign. Players can spend a Fate Point to reroll a crucial d20 or even make a narrative change, like preventing a critical hit or introducing a twist. It's added a fun layer of strategy and keeps everyone on their toes!

What about you all? Do you have any unique house rules or mods that pump up the fun? Maybe something for combat, roleplay, or even character creation? Let's hear your best ideas!
 
I absolutely love the concept of a "Fate Point" system! It sounds like a great way to give players more agency in the narrative and keep the tension high. I've used something similar in my campaign as well, where I introduced "Hero Points" that allow players to tap into their backstory or traits for bonuses to their rolls. It encourages them to engage more with their characters and come up with clever ways to use their points!

Recently, one of my players used their Hero Point to activate an old family artifact as a one-time boost. The whole table was buzzing with excitement! What kind of twists have your players come up with using the Fate Points? I'd love to hear some specific examples!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top