This rant of truth deserves it's own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read some of the comments made on his video and as a mother of a child who is developmentally delayed, it makes me angry to see people making "fun" of the kids. THAT was the point of my previously reply.

I feel sorry for the boy, he obviously has some type of retardation or other neurological disability, it doesn't make his comments any less important, but it does make me sick to see people call him a stupid retard or other **** like that.

Did anyone else think that the parents might have issues with this child? Did any of you think, instead of ridiculing him, that people make comments such as "This guy is a Freak", "I was too busy laughing at this guy to listen to him.", or even posting stills of the guy making a comment in order to humilate him. Those with mental disabilities have enough problems then to have "normal" people making fun of them.

Yes, you can tell a person has mental problems (disablity, retardation, delays) by their appearances. You can tell a child is a Mongoloid (better known by people as "retards") by their ears (if the ears are below the eyes the chance of the child having a mental retardation is great) and/or by their teeth. Due to developmental delays, the teeth will grow pointy rather then "normal".

So instead of getting on your high horses and go off on how I'm making fun of the person, READ what some of your other fellow members are posting. I never once made fun of the boy but I can relate to the parents who probably moderate [his online activity] to some degree - and who will always do so unless the child grows to an adult who is capable of living in a group home or under the care of a caregiver. Can you image how the parents would feel reading some of posts made by some of you or the comments left for him? Do any of you realize the amount of stress raising such a child has on the parents? Most likely not one of you do and I hope you never do.

So instead of calling him names (and frankly I could issue warnings to those who DID make certain comments) why don't you guys take a good look at yourself before jumping down my throat about my big, bad comments.

Oh and FYI: I don't make this public as it's no one's business but my own family's but I DO know what it's like to have a child who is developmentally delayed. I'm not going to get into the details of my personal life but after spending several years at my child's special educational school, I can tell if a person has a "neurological disablity or delay" (to be super politically correct and those are not the proper terms used in an IEP by the schools or government).

There are THREE different physical characteristics a person with a retardation or delay (or other neurological disability) can have - ears too low on the head, the teeth being too pointy and an indentation in the sternum (but off hand I can't recall which neurological problem that brings in puberty). I recognized right off the bat that the boy has two physical characteristics of someone with mental disablity. I didn't belittle his comments about Power Rangers, it's a moot point for me as all I can feel is such sorrow for the boy whose comments are ridiculed and who is called a freak or laughed at. As a parent with a child with disabilities it hurts to see "normal" people, who have no excuse at making fun of him, do just that.

So again, instead of jumping down my throat for pointing out he has a mental retardation or delay some of you should be jumping down the throats of other members for calling him nasty names such as "freak" and laughing at him. Until you RAISE a child with a disablity, you have no right to ridicule such a person. They can't help how they were born but you can use your brain before ridiculing him. And no, I did not find most of the "funny" comments about him to be funny. It was cruel and hurtful far more then my pointing out his disablity.

I hope this lays down some better perspective on Mika's comment and that we can all go back to chilling out. While a call like this, while not meant to be cruel is prolly too personal to be talking about here like this. The kid wanted the attention and to get a couple laughs. 'Round these parts that's just prime, but remember that he's still a part of our board here and should still get the proper and due respect.

Now.... time for sleep. If anyone has any problems here still or feel uncomfortable, please feel free to PM me on the matter and we can discuss it further. Otherwise, just enjoy it.

I know I did. ;)
 
Okay, I'm leaving this one locked, but opening up a new one.

It'll be up to the posters if it gets locked down and how it turns out.

Remember to treat your fellow posters with respect and that means staying your hand if you got something you know to be mean to say.

Put reactions up on YouTube and whatnot, that I can't and won't control. But if Arctic Rival takes offense, then yeah... you've gone too far and may have to answer for it.

Feel free to make another thread on this topic. For me, it was pretty much only good enough for one laugh. Thanks, Rival!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top