Thermae Romae Novae- Ancient Roman Bath House Engineer transported to Present day Japan

Administrator
Staff member
Thermae Romae Novae is a Time Travel Comedy Anime written by Award Winning Mangaka Mari Yamazaki. This is not the first time this Manga was adapted into an Anime. There was an early adaptation 11 years ago but with a much lower budget. This Story is so popular in Japan that it even spawned two live-action films! The Story focuses on Lucious, and He was a Bathhouse engineer in Ancient Rome. The Romans are vain people, and Public Baths had been a part of their culture back then. While taking a Bath, He suddenly got transported by a wormhole portal inside a Bathhouse in Modern Day Japan.
Thermae Romae Novae Trailer

First, he will look down at the Modern-day Japanese people. He will mistake them as lower-class enslaved people but he was wrong.
All of that will change when he realizes that the “Flat faced People”, as he calls them, have superior...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Love Me!
I'm reminded of Ascendance of a Bookworm by the plot. Instead of reincarnation, we have a time traveller from the past who travels to the future and returns to the past with all the technology he learns. I'm hoping for a dub for this anime because I don't particularly appreciate reading subtitles.

Administrator
Staff member
I like subs when I have time to really watch an Anime. But often, I’ll have shows on in the background while I work. So, dubs are what end up being watched.

I’m down for a time travel comedy. I’ll give it a shot.

I'm a Champion
It is a very funny show and it is educational too because you will get to learn something about Roman Culture.