The most inexperienced teams/heroes of Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, & Metal Hero...

Lurker
When it comes to fighting MOTW's, or even the big bad, there are some teams (or even single &/or duo fighters) that are quite so weak & so inexperienced in fighting, that fans may be having trouble rooting for them & are thinking, "These are the ones that are going to save the earth? Why are they heroes/heroines, exactly?" Or "How can they protect Earth from evil when they can't even fend for themselves?", etc., because what's the point in cheering them on when they always keep struggling against MOTW's &/or the big bad's until near the end of each & every episode?

My examples:

Jetman. They probably got to be one of the most inexperienced teams of SS ever, aside from Ryu.

Gaorangers.
Heck, 4 of them (out of 6) even got killed once!

Goseigers. Need I say more? And the fact that they're "Angels In Training" doesn't help much.

Eiji Hino from Kamen Rider OOO. Guy should get some Karate lessons or something.

Any more examples?

Last edited:
For Kamen Rider, Shinji Kido/Ryuki is definitely a big example. He joined a war he didn't want to, wasn't ever sure of what to do and took the whole series to finally affirm himself as a Rider.

Shyni
Why restrict this thread to just Toei shows? Most of the Crew GUYS Japan team in Ultraman Mebius literally just showed up one day. And even the ones that have been members longer didn't have much experience since Japan hadn't been attacked by monsters for so long.

Lurker
Why restrict this thread to just Toei shows? Most of the Crew GUYS Japan team in Ultraman Mebius literally just showed up one day. And even the ones that have been members longer didn't have much experience since Japan hadn't been attacked by monsters for so long.

Sorry about that; I just didn't have the kind of space to fill in other shows on the subject title, but Ultraman, etc. can also be included.

The Goseiger eventually got their **** together. For me, I'm gonna be the bad guy of this thread and say Maskman. Man, those guys got the stuffing beat out of them a LOT.

But OP already got the worst offenders of Sentai, ever: The Gaoranger. Those guys were awful.

Goty got the worst Rider, but my feelings on Shinji are fairly well-documented. XD

The Goseiger eventually got their **** together. For me, I'm gonna be the bad guy of this thread and say Maskman. Man, those guys got the stuffing beat out of them a LOT.

That's because they insist on going one-on-one against an enemy who has shown no interest in keeping fights one-on-one. You'd think they learn, but no :laugh::laugh::laugh:

They really did have the crutch of having the most powerful equipment. They ended up being really good at their job, but yeah, still moreso inexperienced.

For most inexperienced Ultraman, I'd probably say Neos. Neos had a mastery of energy attacks (even harboring the Spiral Beam, one of the most effective Ultra attacks of all time), but even Zoffy said himself that he was very new in hand-to-hand combat. Mebius was a starter, but he was so willful that he ended up learning and mastering some of the best Ultra techniques ever, not to mention even early on being able to hold his own against the likes of Birdon and Zetton.

I agree with Kamen Rider Ryuki, and (of course) Den-O. I think that my big complaint with Ryuki is that he never really improves throughout the show, only his gear (I love the show, but that was a bit of a hard pill to swallow.

I'd also agree with Gaoranger.

They really did have the crutch of having the most powerful equipment. They ended up being really good at their job, but yeah, still moreso inexperienced.

For most inexperienced Ultraman, I'd probably say Neos. Neos had a mastery of energy attacks (even harboring the Spiral Beam, one of the most effective Ultra attacks of all time), but even Zoffy said himself that he was very new in hand-to-hand combat. Mebius was a starter, but he was so willful that he ended up learning and mastering some of the best Ultra techniques ever, not to mention even early on being able to hold his own against the likes of Birdon and Zetton.

I agree with Kamen Rider Ryuki, and (of course) Den-O. I think that my big complaint with Ryuki is that he never really improves throughout the show, only his gear (I love the show, but that was a bit of a hard pill to swallow.

I'd also agree with Gaoranger.

My friend and I watched Ryuki together, and it was the first Rider either of us had ever finished. Episode after episode, we wondered if Shinji would EVER get better, or if he wasn't, why he was still alive in a world that was so harsh and unforgiving. At least his Survive Mode was never supposed to be given to him, so while had got the requisite power-up, it made sense in story, but still.

That's because they insist on going one-on-one against an enemy who has shown no interest in keeping fights one-on-one. You'd think they learn, but no :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Right? Maskman was the first old-school Sentai I tried watching and I was just stunned at how badly they got tossed around by the bad guys! Honestly, a lot of times I felt like the only reason they won was because the script said they had to.

Lurker
Right? Maskman was the first old-school Sentai I tried watching and I was just stunned at how badly they got tossed around by the bad guys! Honestly, a lot of times I felt like the only reason they won was because the script said they had to.

I think that Minami Kotaro from both Kamen Rider Black & Black RX is the same way.

Also, the Turborangers.

Last edited: