The Ages of Power Rangers

Now with Power Rangers done for, I will reflect on how something that was meaningful to mine and probably your childhood as well slowly turned to ****. This is a fan's analysis of Power Rangers. First off, I'm going to classify them in terms of Ages(like comic books)

The Golden Age: I also refer to this as the Zordon Era. It begins with "Day of the Dumpster" and ends with "Countdown to Destruction". This was when the Rangers were at their most popular. It was a time where to can actually profit selling Power Rangers crap. People would argue that the best season would either be MMPR season 1 or In Space. But unfortuately, the best had to end.

The Silver Age: This started with the first episode of Lost Galaxy(forget the name) and ended with "End of the Power Rangers" This was where Power Rangers was beginning to lose it's luster. It may possibly have something to do with the seasons no longer being connected to each other or the original Mighty Morphin. The shows were good, but they lacked the specialty of the Golden Age. The best show of the Silver Age was Time Force. Good plot, great characters, and not to mention the coolest Battlizer in the history of Battlizers. The episode, " End of the Power Rangers" should have been the end of the Power Rangers. But that leads me too

The Bronze Age: Also known as the Disney era or the **** Age. The moment Disney got the rights to Power Rangers, they have done everything in their power to destroy something awesome. But they did reference many times about the original Rangers. Even bringing back Tommy and Adam(Is it me, or did Johnny Yong Boush become the most successful Power Ranger actor?). Many people would say that RPM is the best of the Bronze Age. But I wouldn't know, I stopped watching after Jungle Fury. To be honest, I kinda liked Ninja Storm best. Mainly because it was the only one I could stand watching.

So these are the Ages of Power Rangers. Good Night, and May the Power Protect you. Always.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you. Disney's very immature..they have done anything in their power to destroy the franchise..they should be very grateful that they got something awesome, to understanding how popular this franchise back in '90's.

They seemed not to be care at all. They're very immature and can go to hell for all I care. I will be wait for that day once this generation like me and other people to take back what's rightful to us!

Hell, one of us could be President of Walt Disney Company in the future. Perhaps it could be very good for the company? For now..Disney's too immature to realised this.
 
LOL @ a company keeping a franchise alive for seven years when they didn't even want it doing "everything in their power to destroy it." :rolleyes2:
 
The Fandom's way to splitting into era is odd, I know of some:

Zordon Era (MMPR to In Space) - Post Zordon Era (Lost Galaxy to RPM)

Saban Era (MMPR to Time Force) - Disney Era (Wild Force to RPM)

The Classic Age (MMPR to Dino Thunder) - The Coaster Age (Lost Galaxy to Dino Thunder) - The Dark Age/The Kalish Age (SPD to Jungle Fury) - The Second Coming (RPM Inclusive)

It's all in how you want to look at it.
 
I smell nostalgic B.S

List it like this:
Saban
MMPR-Space- Zordon Era- Obviously a time where Zordon was around. The show was in experiment coming up to Space, all original from their Sentai counterparts

Lost Galaxy-Wild Force-Post-Zordon Era. These shows became less original and copied a lot of Sentai plot points to make a weaker copy with restrictions in place, though still keeping some plot points intact . Seasons were more dramatic and lacking the silly, with more deaths hinted.

Disney
Ninja Storm-Dino Thunder-Disney/Roaring Era- Move out to New Zealand. Seasons became original again with the silly brought back.

SPD-Jungle Fury- Disney/Depression Era- These seasons copied Sentai plotlines poorly (mostly) and show writing and acting faltered below PR standards. Many continuity issues brought in during this era.

RPM-Disney/New Deal- Attempted to bring in originality and effort and succeeded. A brief resurgence of PR with effort (You better watch this now)
 

I like yours best :thumbs:
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…