Lurker
Which is awesome, because the show is the best it's been in easily two-plus years.

Brian "Douchebag" Ausiello has the following in one of his recent columns:
Question: Any news as to whether Tom Welling has signed on for another season of Smallville? -- Scarlett
Ausiello: Yes, there's news, and it's good. Some would even call it, ahem, super. According to a well-placed Smallville insider, Welling is nearing a deal to return for a ninth season. I'm told they're just ironing out some minor deal points, such as should the Brinks Truck pull into the actor's driveway, or just unload on the street.

It would be awesome if we got an all-Superman (or heck, even half-Superman) season of Smallville, leading into a movie or something.

Smallville returns with new episodes 1/15, with "Legion," written by The Man Who Is Singlehandedly Keeping the DC Comics Universe Afloat, Geoff Johns.

Dude, you need to ditch that sig pic. WAAAAAAAAAAY too big for our rules here.

But... more Smallville. I ain't mad at that. :thumbs:

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
This season has been interesting, but I reeeally feel like Smallville has reached the end of it's tale. Unless they go all out with hero-saving-the-day in Season 9, I don't know where it'll go.

Whomp, whomp!
This season has been interesting, but I reeeally feel like Smallville has reached the end of it's tale.
Agreed.

Ryudo said:
It would be awesome if we got an all-Superman (or heck, even half-Superman) season of Smallville, leading into a movie or something.
No, that's not what the show should be (and I'm pretty sure the creators themselves said the "tights" would never show up). The costume should only appear on Clark in this show at maybe the final episode of the final season with Clark flying off into the sunset or orbiting Earth. But that's it.

Lurker
No, that's not what the show should be (and I'm pretty sure the creators themselves said the "tights" would never show up). The costume should only appear on Clark in this show at maybe the final episode of the final season with Clark flying off into the sunset or orbiting Earth. But that's it.

"No flights, no tights" was a deal with Al and Miles, but I don't think the current production team has put such a restriction on themselves.

We'll see how it goes, though. :)

Digital Artist
with the way how this season is looking, i dont know how they can expand for another season with him not being Superman yet. i wonder how they will incorporate that. whatever the case, i would love to have a 9th season of Smallville though.

the show has been so much better without clark's obsession with Lana Lang