SDCC 2023: Fionna and Cake March Toward Max

It's great to see the executive recognizing the demand for adult animation content, and Fionna & Cake fits the bill perfectly. I've grown up with Adventure Time, and I'm thrilled to see how they're exploring more mature themes while staying true to the show's roots.​
 
This is not a spin-off; rather, it expands the AT universe to include new locations, characters, and experiences. Beautiful both visually and physically!I can finally sleep now that Fionna and Cake have returned for more screen time. I remembered having a great deal of interest in them when I was younger, therefore I remember being disappointed when they (at least to my understanding) never returned in the program. I'm glad to see them back for their own show.
 
I sense two time line plots that merge, Simon and Marcy exist in parallel to Fionna and cake, prizmo will likely have a MASSIVE ROLE in the series and parallel universes and struggling with the world she was born in vs the land of ooo will be a point of contingency, I feel like Fiona's story is story A and Simon is story B.
 
Adventure Time's legacy lives on! I'm thrilled that Fionna & Cake will continue the tradition of complex themes and originality. I remember being hooked on the main series, and I'm sure this spinoff will be just as captivating with its own unique challenges and unforgettable moments.
 
Seriously? Fionna & Cake? I don't get why they're making such a big deal out of these gender-swapped versions. I'd rather see new and original content instead of recycling old characters.I'm not liking this Fionna & Cake spinoff idea at all. Adventure Time was great, but I don't think they need to milk it with more shows. It feels like they're just trying to cash in on the nostalgia.The main series ended in 2018, and now they keep dragging it out with these hour-long specials and spinoffs. Can't they just let it rest in peace?
 
I wasn't sure what they were going to do with this given that the Fiona and Cake episodes are essentially gender-swapped adventures, but it appears to be very different from anything I was expecting! The plot is certainly continuing in this one, rather than being tediously spun off! I was worried after all of the recent ones, but I'm optimistic about this one! I'm really looking forward to seeing when this comes out!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top