I'm currently re-watching SPD for the 5th time since Operation Overdrive isn't that good and I remembered the controversy back during the airing of the show when we found out that Sam was going to be a Ball of Light. I know many fans complained about this and even I had my problems with it. But then it finally hit me. Sam being a ball of light was actually a GOOD thing!
Every year in sentai and power rangers, I grow attached to the core 3 or 5 member team and halfway through the series when we get a whole new character joining in, I get that feeling of man... I missed the days when it was just us.
It's one of the many reasons why I don't really like extra heroes. But so far I'm so fuckign excited for GekiViolet because he seems badass so far. Anyways... back to the point.
Because Sam was a ball of light and had no physical form throughout the series, there was nothing that we could do with him. The chemistry between the original 5 rangers was intact and he didn't spoil any of it. Sam was just... there. Even though his presence was definately there, it still felt like we only had the five original rangers.
I voted "good." I felt it was very original, far more original than Dino Thunder's "New-kid-gets-turned-evil" thing. It was just handled badly. No efforts were made to get his body back or send him back to his own time.
i would say bad... because it shows tat they copy too much from dekaranger scenes and no original scenes about omega ranger... anyway ur saying about the presence thins is true..
It was an interesting idea but.. it was quite silly. However, I did like how it was Sam from the future. Poor OmegaRanger just didnt get enough time to shine, though. They really gave up on the character and concept after introducing him.