Wow... I think I've lost what little interest I've had in buying a new Nintendo console. I mean, not that a name should really mean that much, but... Wii? :laugh: I'd feel silly buying one.
Wedbush Morgan Securities' Michael Pachter was more mixed in his assessment. "My initial reaction, of course, is that the name is dumb," he bluntly stated. "However, upon reflection, I thought that the name Game Boy was dumb, REALLY thought that the name Xbox was dumb, and can't even recall my reaction to PlayStation. Let's face it, devices with cool names like Dreamcast and Gizmondo fail, and the lame names seem to do well."
It's a really bad name, and a lot of players who were on the fence because of good news like Red Steel and Madden are going to take this and go "no fucking way." I hope Nintendo knows what they're doing.
I honestly don't give a **** for the name of the console. It's what the console can do for me as a Game System that I'm looking foreward to. It could of been named "With my tiny little Cock" and I would have no problem yelling out " Ima go play With my Tiny Little Cock now okay?"
As long as it has the games that I know and love. Especially since it is supposed to be the ultimate Reverse compatible system, I will enjoy playing the Wii while kicking ass in Chrono Trigger, or taking down Bowser old school.
What makes a name isn't the name istself, It's the product.