San Goku
Member
The 90s were undoubtedly a golden era for platformers, with so many titles shaping the genre and gaming culture as we know it today. I recently revisited classics like "Super Mario 64," "Sonic the Hedgehog 3," and "Rayman," and it hit me just how innovative these games were back then.
What I find fascinating is how they tested the limits of their hardware while introducing mechanics and level designs that we still see reverberating through modern titles. The freedom of 3D exploration in Mario 64 was groundbreaking, and the speed and fluidity of Sonic just felt exhilarating.
I’d love to hear your thoughts! Which platformers from the 90s do you think had the biggest impact, and why? Did they influence your own game preferences or even your approach to game design? Let's reminisce about our childhood favorites and how they still shape the gaming landscape today!
What I find fascinating is how they tested the limits of their hardware while introducing mechanics and level designs that we still see reverberating through modern titles. The freedom of 3D exploration in Mario 64 was groundbreaking, and the speed and fluidity of Sonic just felt exhilarating.
I’d love to hear your thoughts! Which platformers from the 90s do you think had the biggest impact, and why? Did they influence your own game preferences or even your approach to game design? Let's reminisce about our childhood favorites and how they still shape the gaming landscape today!