New Pippi Longstocking movie in the works!

8( Well...hopefully something comes up for Pippi in the future :disappoin

Yeah, I hope so. It's a perfect time these days to do a Pippi movie or series.

Another report I heard was that Saltkråkan AB, the company run by Astrid Lindgren's estate (which now owns all the rights to Pippi and Lindgren's other works), was aware of the rumor, and said they were "currently in negotiations with various companies" as there are lots of companies interested in doing a Pippi Longstocking movie or series! I mean, like I said, she has a HUUUUGE Beatles-like following around the world!

http://svt.se/2.27170/1.2293084/granik_gor_pippi

American film director Debra Granik, who currently made a success with "Winter's Bone," released a fun novelty in an interview with the Los Angeles Times. The article says that Granik is working on a script for a new film about Pippi Longstocking, with her production partner Anne Rossellini.

Culture News telephoned Saltkråkan AB, the company that manages the rights to Astrid Lindgren's works, and is run by her relatives, to check out the certainty to any movie plans.

- "We are the ones who own the rights to Pippi," says Nils Nyman, who is CEO of Saltråkan. "There are always many who are interested in filming Astrid Lindgren's books, especially Pippi."

But if Granik's project is on track, Nyman did not disclose.

- "We are in discussions with various stakeholders, but there is unfortunately nothing I can elaborate on until it is complete."

Granik and Pippi sounds otherwise like a good combination, we will come back when we hear something new.

So, maybe there *is* something going on! Maybe not from Debra Granik, but we'll probably hear about it in the future.

You....I.....where am I?:eyebrow:

Henshin Justice Unlimited!

But seriously, who did you expect my favorite superheroine to be? (I mean, you know of my favorite superheroes being Ultra Seven, Underdog, Spider-Man, the Hulk, etc.)
 
Henshin Justice Unlimited!

But seriously, who did you expect my favorite superheroine to be? (I mean, you know of my favorite superheroes being Ultra Seven, Underdog, Spider-Man, the Hulk, etc.)
SuperGirl? Spiderwoman? SheHulk? Any pink or yellow ranger? Tackle? Any female toku hero?
 
SuperGirl? Spiderwoman? SheHulk? Any pink or yellow ranger? Tackle? Any female toku hero?

My other favorites are the Powerpuff Girls.

I do like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Batgirl, though. Mostly from cartoons like Justice League (Unlimited). Starfire and Raven from Teen Titans are good, too.

There are lots of tokusatsu heroines I like a lot (mostly in Super Sentai), but they tend to be outshone by anime heroines. (Cutey Honey, Knight Sabers, Ultrawoman Beth, etc.)

Other than that, what's wrong with Pippi Longstocking?
 
^ Theres nothing wrong with Pippi being one of your favorite superheroines. It just shows that you like a lot of heroines including her :)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top