India bans file sharing websites

A couple of Bollywood producers have brought up claims of their movies being sold on pirated copies. This has resulted to court banning at least most of the file sharing websites to stop this. My question is, do you think this is enough to stop piracy copy selling?

I don't think they resolved anything with this. Did it get banned, so? Thre will always be sites that will copy movies, videos or even music and will share them all with the world.
To answer your question, this is not enough to stop piracy copy selling, and I don't think there are solutions to this problem.

They might have shut down some sites, but most likely those will appear again under another URL or will still be accessible from other countries or for someone using VPN, so they are just blocking out the less knowledgeable users.

In as much as this is not a great move that can eradicate the issues of selling pirated copies of movies online, it is gone a long way to provide some protection for this Bollywood movies producers.

Whatever new means these piracy perpetrators bring up to have their way to selling pirated copies of those movies will still be unravelled and necessary measures will be taken to curb these inhuman act by these people trying to slow down the progress being made by the movie industry in India.

I believe this is just the start of the move to stop movie piracy in India.

Before banning the filesharing websites, India should try to stop people from recording the movie from the theatre screen. file sharing websites have made it easier for piracy, however, piracy is burgeoning because of illegal recording of the movie from the theater screens.

No, because even if they banned file sharing websites, people can find ways to get around that ban to be able to have access to those pirated sites. Piracy will never be eradicated, just look at how many years that the problem persisted since piracy became rampant, and it has never been stopped.

Regardless of how much effort they put into this, it's near impossible to terminate such piracy.

I am connected with an organization in the movie industry. Officials of our organizations have surrendered to the fact that the internet is a free area that until there is a sort of control in the internet to curtail the streaming and sharing of files, the piracy will continue to flourish. Sometimes a movie that is about to be shown in theaters have already been spreading in the internet. Movie producers are crying foul but we cannot do anything about it.

I don't see how that is going to ban the file being shared. Movies sharing is done through torrents. And you can't really ban that. It can be a good to make the movies cheap. Most of those movies are coming into the market with bad rates as it is. So surely it can be one thing to watch out for when it comes piracy.

In as much as this is not a great move that can eradicate the issues of selling pirated copies of movies online, it is gone a long way to provide some protection for this Bollywood movies producers.

Whatever new means these piracy perpetrators bring up to have their way to selling pirated copies of those movies will still be unravelled and necessary measures will be taken to curb these inhuman act by these people trying to slow down the progress being made by the movie industry in India.

I believe this is just the start of the move to stop movie piracy in India.

This is true, there is some protection and the awareness that sharing copyrighted material is illegal is generated too. At the same time, controlling what happens on the internet is something extremely hard (impossible?) to accomplish.