Black Ranger RX
I don't have low self esteem.
It was a special end of term Party at my Japanese class this night, and in an attempt to get some of my friends at Japanese class interested in Tokusatsu, I thought for this special occaision I'd burn some Tokusatsu episodes that I downloaded from the Internet onto 2 VCDs, and take them to the class with me. Then I announced that I had a "Special Early Christmas Present for anyone who wants it".
I was having a bit of trouble deciding which episodes to put on, because I was hoping that they weren't gonna be put off that it looks like Power Rangers (to them obviously). I realised one of my friends was into Godzilla, so I thought "think Kaiju", so I decided to put in some Ultraman.
Basically I just told them that these were Japanese shows I like to watch and I wanted to share with them!! I also added if they like Godzilla they should like Tokusatsu!!
Anyway, here's what I put on the discs..
Disc 1:
Original Kamen Rider: Episode 1
Original Ultraman: Episode 1
Ultraman Tiga: Episode 1 (although it didn't come out very well after the burning process!! DO'H!!!).
Disc 2:
Himitsu Sentai GoRanger: Episode 1
Choujuu Sentai Liveman: Episode 2
Kyoryuu Sentai ZyuRanger: Episode 1
I wanted to add Kamen Rider Black, RX, MagiRanger and Uchuu Keiji Gavan, but I had a limit. I was gonna put Uchuu Keiji Gavan instead of Ultraman, but I predicted it would be too "PowerRangery" for them (remember, this is Great Britain ). So I kept thinking "remember, he likes Godzilla", so I thrown in abit of Ultraman Tiga to go with the original Ultraman. The result: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!".
So if Gavan was too "PowerRangery" for them, why did I throw in GoRanger, Liveman and ZyuRanger? Well, originally the idea is to see if they like the Japanese Super Sentai better than Power Rangers. All it really takes is for them to give it a chance instead of go "aWWWW, nOt bLoOdY PoWeR RanGeRs aGain!!!!". Whether they actually hate Power Rangers or have even heard of them or not, I'm not sure. I doubt it though..
But still, hope they enjoy the show!! :thumbs: I gave the DVD to one friend of mine, he said he's gonna let another friend borrow it, because he wanted to see the VCDs too and I decided that was fine. As long as they enjoy the shows that's all that matters!!
Oh, and speaking of the End of Term Party, basically we just did alot of talking and eating too.
The Japanese teacher's friend was there too, who was apparentally a Japanese teacher too (but only part time). Oh man she was cute!! B)
I was having a bit of trouble deciding which episodes to put on, because I was hoping that they weren't gonna be put off that it looks like Power Rangers (to them obviously). I realised one of my friends was into Godzilla, so I thought "think Kaiju", so I decided to put in some Ultraman.
Basically I just told them that these were Japanese shows I like to watch and I wanted to share with them!! I also added if they like Godzilla they should like Tokusatsu!!
Anyway, here's what I put on the discs..
Disc 1:
Original Kamen Rider: Episode 1
Original Ultraman: Episode 1
Ultraman Tiga: Episode 1 (although it didn't come out very well after the burning process!! DO'H!!!).
Disc 2:
Himitsu Sentai GoRanger: Episode 1
Choujuu Sentai Liveman: Episode 2
Kyoryuu Sentai ZyuRanger: Episode 1
I wanted to add Kamen Rider Black, RX, MagiRanger and Uchuu Keiji Gavan, but I had a limit. I was gonna put Uchuu Keiji Gavan instead of Ultraman, but I predicted it would be too "PowerRangery" for them (remember, this is Great Britain
So if Gavan was too "PowerRangery" for them, why did I throw in GoRanger, Liveman and ZyuRanger? Well, originally the idea is to see if they like the Japanese Super Sentai better than Power Rangers. All it really takes is for them to give it a chance instead of go "aWWWW, nOt bLoOdY PoWeR RanGeRs aGain!!!!". Whether they actually hate Power Rangers or have even heard of them or not, I'm not sure. I doubt it though..
But still, hope they enjoy the show!! :thumbs: I gave the DVD to one friend of mine, he said he's gonna let another friend borrow it, because he wanted to see the VCDs too and I decided that was fine. As long as they enjoy the shows that's all that matters!!
Oh, and speaking of the End of Term Party, basically we just did alot of talking and eating too.
The Japanese teacher's friend was there too, who was apparentally a Japanese teacher too (but only part time). Oh man she was cute!! B)
Last edited by a moderator: