It honestly makes me feel very sad that Dragon Quest is moving forward without Akira Toriyama’s touch. His art style was not just decoration, it was the soul of the series. Whenever I saw one of his character designs, I could immediately recognize it. The big eyes, the rounded faces, the way he drew armor and monsters—it had a warmth that no one else could copy. Knowing that he has passed away makes this change even heavier. I understand that Square Enix wants to keep his legacy alive with the doll-based models and the handcrafted look, but for me it is not the same as seeing fresh Toriyama artwork. Dragon Quest was one of the last major series where his style was still present, and now that connection feels broken. I will still play the game, but I know deep inside it will feel different. It is like I am saying goodbye again, not just to an artist, but to a part of my childhood.