For those of you Yu-Gi-Oh fans who are aware, one month ago, a booster pack called the Dragons of Legend was released here in America. This pack contains 51 cards from the pre Arc-V Yu-Gi-Oh series (14 from the original, 11 from GX, 10 from 5Ds, and 16 from Zexal). Among the cards from the original series, we have The Eye of Timaeus, both of his Fusion Monster forms, his Legendary Knight form, and the Legend of Heart card needed to access the latter.

Now, I'm not here to complain about how the other 2 Legendary Dragons (The Fang of Critias and The Claw of Hermos), as well as their respective fusion forms and Legendary Knight forms, didn't get the same treatment as Timaeus, as the Legend of Heart's effect implies that they will be released later on.

Instead, the reason I bring this up is because now that a portion of the Legendary Dragon archetype has been made into real cards, I figured we could take this time to reflect on which Legendary Dragon fusion, whether it be into new monsters with Timaeus and Critias or new equip spells with Hermos, was our favorite from the anime-exclusive Doma Arc of the series.

Note: Blue-Eyes Tyrant Dragon is not included in the list not just because of the poll limit, but because its technically not a real fusion involving Critias, as the latter can only combine with Trap Cards, while the former is a fusion between Tyrant Burst Dragon and Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Last edited: