Fantasia 2022: Five Must-See Titles To Watch At This Year’s 26th Edition

Administrator
I think the one thing I’ve had difficulty with is picking which films to select for the curtain raiser I’m posting here ahead of this year’s Fantasia International Film Festival installation. Nearly all the selections I would bet are easy picks, but I’m resigned to only a handful.

Honorable mentions thusfar for me go to Sadako DX for anyone who’s anyone who’s been a fan of iconic Japanese horror in the last three decades, namely since the infamous literary character was first adapted for the screen in the 1990s. I’m also keen on Cult Hero, Jesse Thomas Cooke’s pulpy and spectacular-looking seventh feature which stars Ry Barrett (The Demolisher, The Hoard), and other tasty thrillers like Kim Dae-jin’s latest live-action series take on animated South Korean classic, The King Of Pigs, Choi Dong-hoon’s time-walloping fantasy actioner Alienoid which is set to be back-to-back with a second part coming later this year, Carlota Pereda’s horror pic...

Continue reading...

I hope Sadako DX can offer something new because she is getting stale. Even her Hollywood version is failing to be popular again. Her videogame version in Dead by Daylight is the only decent depiction she had at this moment.