Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Given that fucktard just revealed the type of person he truly is
Someone who dares demand evidence before condemning people aka innocent until proven guilty? Good to know he's okay with baseless accusations. Can I accuse you of arson and call you an arsonist? Because that's what you're advocating for.
but whatever, he can go **** himself and his entire family.
You first, cum guzzler. Go join Q Anon given how far up your ass is with lies.
Do you think that lack of effort > effort?
Slice of life is not the genre it's in. Stick to your genre.
releasing new energy that ended up ruining his body in the long term as a price.
Except we never find out what that long term effect is.
So why does 90% of the show consist of it?
It depends on the show.
Why did people behind Gridman and Exkaiser make them SoL-focused, if no one watches these shows for it?
Budget reasons, obviously.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Except we never find out what that long term effect is.
Arcle affects his body throughout the entire show.
Tsubaki says in the last episode that his body countinues to change into something unknown.

Slice of life is not the genre it's in.
Quality isn't decided by genre, only by people behind the specific work.

Budget reasons, obviously.
They wanted to save budget by making these shows consist of 90% stuff that no one watches them for?
I don't see how that makes Gridman a classic then.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
They wanted to save budget by making these shows consist of 90% stuff that no one watches them for?
I don't see how that makes Gridman a classic then.
The parts you did come to see obviously. Also when the budget is involved you can only hold so much against something.

Yeah, since I'm going to be reviewing the anime series soon, I decided to watch the first two episodes of the series for some context and so far I'm not impressed.
Yeah, the anime is one of the reasons I was interested in checking the show out. Like, if it still has enough of a following for them to make a stealth sequel 25 years later, surely it must be interesting?
The other reason being that someone I follow on twitter who is very good at articulating what they enjoy about toku shows had really raved about it

It's OK now I'm getting used to it. But it hardly seems like a classic so far.
I mean, the first time we see this kid he is in bed in pain, yet, I'm supposed to care for him just because he's a kid? I guess... Like my thought process was, "Oh no, they can't actually perform their surgery at that exact moment in time... how terrible." Maybe if it was a heart transplant or something actually complete serious, sure, but again, getting to know this kid first would have helped me care.
It's too late to go back and see now, but didn't they say it was his appendix that hurt? That almost always implies appendicitis, which is very common in children and has to be treated by removing the appendix ASAP before it literally bursts in possibly fatal fashion.
I found my eyes trailing towards the Gridman BD box set cover over the subtitles and what was going on at times. I wish there was a way to turn that off. I don't get why they didn't stick with the black bars on the side.
I think you just answered your own question there. Sounds like their advertising works very well! 😄

D

Dr Kain

But the advertising only works if I'm able to buy the BD set in America. It doesn't work having to import a set without subtitles.