Catherine Lagaʻaia is Live action Moana

Do we really need this remake? I’m honestly not sure. The original Moana is still fresh in people’s minds, and the kids who watched it are still kids. So, there’s no real childhood nostalgia factor for them yet. It seems like this remake is targeting a generation that is still young enough to remember the animated version. Maybe it’s meant to introduce the story to a new audience, but I don’t know if a live-action version is the way to go. It doesn’t feel like there’s a huge demand for it, especially since the original movie was so well-received and wasn’t that long ago. I’m all for new interpretations of stories, but I wonder if this one really adds something meaningful or if it’s just another cash grab.
 
I don’t usually get excited about remakes, but seeing this teaser made me pause. Catherine Lagaʻaia’s singing was strong, and she seemed comfortable with the physicality of the role. Casting someone young and culturally aligned with the story is smart — it shows sensitivity and thoughtfulness. I also like that Hei Hei still has a cameo; it’s a small touch, but it keeps the connection to the original. My only worry is that the film might feel redundant since the original and sequel were recent, but the teaser gives a sense that the story will still feel lively and adventurous. I’m cautiously optimistic.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top