Can We Talk About the Underrated Soundtracks in Indie Games?

Justin J

Active Member
I've been getting into a lot of indie games lately, and one thing that always surprises me is how incredible some of their soundtracks are. Titles like "Celeste" and "Hollow Knight" get a lot of hype, but I feel like there are so many other gems that fly under the radar.

For instance, I recently played "Owlboy," and the music is just stunning! It really complements the beautiful pixel art and emotional storytelling in such a profound way. I also loved the soundtrack for "A Short Hike", it's just so chill and fits perfectly with the vibe of exploring that little island.

I'm curious to hear from everyone else. What indie game soundtracks do you think deserve more love? Were there any tracks that really stood out to you and made your gaming experience even better? Let’s share our favorites!
 
Totally agree! Indie game soundtracks often hit hard, and "Celeste" and "Hollow Knight" are just the tip of the iceberg. "Owlboy" is such a fantastic choice; I still get chills thinking about the opening track. Another one that doesn’t get enough love is "Hyper Light Drifter." The music is haunting and beautifully complements the game's mysterious atmosphere.

I’m really looking forward to hearing the soundtrack for Hollow Knight: Silksong when it drops next week, hoping it delivers just as much emotional weight! What are your thoughts on how soundtracks can elevate the overall experience?
 
Totally agree! Indie game soundtracks often hit hard, and "Celeste" and "Hollow Knight" are just the tip of the iceberg. "Owlboy" is such a fantastic choice; I still get chills thinking about the opening track. In general, indies often win precisely at the expense of music, because they take more risks and do something unusual, unlike large studios that follow a proven scheme. And you're right that sound can completely change the feeling of the game, sometimes even taking simple mechanics to a new level. Sometimes I even just listen to such soundtracks separately when I work or relax, and I catch myself thinking that this is not just music from the game. By the way, I was once looking for new things and at the same time got stuck on https://freeslotshub.com/ and also thought about how different platforms create an atmosphere, even through trifles. In short, indie soundtracks are real gold, you just have to dig a little to find them.

I’m really looking forward to hearing the soundtrack for Hollow Knight: Silksong when it drops next week—hoping it delivers just as much emotional weight! What are your thoughts on how soundtracks can elevate the overall experience?
I would also add Gris, where the music is like a separate story.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top