HBO Max To Remove Westworld, Among Other Shows

Staff member
<p>To everyone who dismissed the anguish from animation fans over what HBO Max was doing last summer, and commented “they’ll never remove the important stuff, as in the stuff I personally care about”….how do you feel NOW? We warned you nothing was safe. Variety reports wicked emperor David Zaslav is about to remove the HBO hit Westworld from HBO Max, and of course the company won’t tell you when, just that it’s soon.</p>

Administrator
Staff member
Netflix never removed their canceled originals from their library unless it got bought by another platform. I have a feeling Westworld is able to find a new home because many canceled HBO max shows are still on the library.

Many actions of Warner Bros. Does not make sense. Not only they canceled the show but they also want to delete its existence. I will not renew my HBO Max subscription.

In my opinion, they are acting like complete scumbags. It would have been acceptable if they had removed it a few years after Westworld's cancellation, but they did so only a few months after the show's cancellation. In comparison to the previous season, I felt that the fourth season was an improvement. Because something like this is capable of happening, I am relieved that I still believe in physical media. I find it absurd that you cannot even host content that you have created on your own platform.

The rebranding to "MAX" may reveal a great deal about the company. It is possible that they are transferring content from WB and HBO to other licensing partners in order to help pay residuals. When HBO shows reach the end of their run or are canceled, it is possible that they will follow suit. There is a possibility that all high-budget films produced by WB and DC will be exclusive to "MAX" for a specified period of time before becoming available elsewhere. AT&T is withdrawing its support for WB's financials, putting the company in a precarious financial situation. As a result of this error, however, the brand's reputation will suffer because it does not look good.

I regret to say that this does nothing but dilute the HBO brand. Once a trustworthy company, HBO has completely lost my respect due to their recent actions. Both HBO Max and Netflix have a section on their respective websites that alerts users when content is about to be removed. Where did the cautionary note appear? The justification for residuals appears to be merely an explanation. Typically, the salaries of those involved with these properties pale in comparison to the residuals. I would be very curious to know if the reason WB has so much debt is because Discovery assigned them the debt it used to acquire them.

It will be so stupid for HBO to start licensing their shows; HBO's library contributed significantly to Max's success. AMC+ is terrible because its shows only air for a few months before becoming available on Netflix. The executives at HBO Maxx do not appear to comprehend their customers' motivations for paying for streaming services. It seemed crystal clear to me. Nonetheless, it appears not. People will pay to use the streaming service so they can view content. You are unable to view content that has been removed, although I am uncertain whether or not the executives are aware of this. At least they have an adequate justification for their actions. You know that artists should not be compensated. Certainly not a situation that has already reached crisis proportions.

Scoopin Ice Cream since Demogorgons invade Hawkins
Other creatives will only turn to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services as a result of this. It's time to start looking for a new home for this franchise, in my opinion, if I were the creators of The House of the Dragon. The strategy of David Zaslav is only deterring people. So, if you're not even going to store the content, what's the point of having a streaming service to store all of your content? If I were a showrunner, I would never want to collaborate in any way with Warner Bros. It is due to WB Discovery's $47 billion in debt. WBD's stock price has decreased by 50% since the company split from AT&T. Currently, the value of their debt exceeds the value of their stock market. WB might not be as healthy as we think, in my opinion. That debt alone must incur annual interest costs in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Additionally, it becomes more expensive and more difficult to borrow money as interest rates rise.