Oh No, Garth Ennis' Grossest Story Is Becoming A Movie

PopGeeks

Administrator
Comic book writer Garth Ennis made a name for himself by scripting the most violent and depraved comics in the business, yet that hasn’t kept him from achieving Hollywood success […]
Read original article here:
 
Ennis definitely has a knack for pushing boundaries in his work, and while some of his stories are jaw-droppingly violent and insightful, like "The Boys", others can feel gratuitously over the top, which doesn't always land well for me. I appreciate his unique storytelling style, but sometimes it veers too far into shock value for my taste. His exploration of moral ambiguity can be fascinating, but I think there's a fine line between thought-provoking and simply being provocative for the sake of it. Films adapted from his stories can end up losing some of that depth for the sake of spectacle, which is a shame. I hope they manage to retain some of the more meaningful elements amid all the chaos.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top