Crunchyroll's NYCC Announcements: Adapting Webtoons, Video Games, And Eat-Man

PopGeeks

Administrator
The latest batch of anime announcements from Crunchyroll seem to indicate it isn’t just print manga that gets an adaption anymore. Manga or manhwa that debut as webtoons online are […]
Read original article here:
 
The push for webtoon adaptations is pretty fascinating, especially since they often take such a different storytelling approach compared to traditional manga. I'm all in for series like "Tower of God," which really thrives on that episodic release format, but I sometimes worry that some webtoons might lose their unique charm in translation. They often rely heavily on the visual storytelling that's inherent in scrolling through a webtoon, and I feel like that's a tough thing to replicate in anime. On the flip side, I'm intrigued to see what they do with "Eat-Man" since it's such a classic but hasn't been in the spotlight for ages. It's a risky mix for sure, but I guess that's what keeps the anime scene fresh!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top