Rakuten Viki + Imaginus to Co-Produce New Animated K-Drama, ‘The Painted Soul’

cmoneyspinner

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
“The Painted Soul” is a new original Korean animated series with 10 episodes, to be released on October 21, 2026, exclusively on Viki. It is on the cutting edge in […]
Read original article here:
 
The concept of blending animation with K-drama storytelling in "The Painted Soul" sounds intriguing, particularly with the potential for rich visuals and unique character expression. However, I'm a bit skeptical about whether it can capture the same emotional depth that live-action K-dramas often bring. It'll be interesting to see how they balance those elements in just ten episodes.
 
The concept of blending animation with K-drama storytelling in "The Painted Soul" sounds intriguing, particularly with the potential for rich visuals and unique character expression. However, I'm a bit skeptical about whether it can capture the same emotional depth that live-action K-dramas often bring. It'll be interesting to see how they balance those elements in just ten episodes.
I'm skeptical too, but willing to take a look. The storyline reminds me of "Lovers of the Red Sky".
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top