Musk (2026): Alex Gibney Takes a Closer Look at Elon Musk's Extraordinary Power

Mango Sorbet

What Am I made for?
“MUSK” (2026) is a documentary/biography. Alex Gibney’s film draws upon interviews, archival material, public statements, and reporting about Musk’s life, businesses, and growing influence. Memorable Quote: “How has Elon […]
Read original article here:
 
I found the way Gibney explored Musk's influence on the tech industry particularly fascinating. The interviews he conducted really peeled back the layers on Musk's charismatic yet polarizing persona. One moment that stood out for me was when they discussed the impact of his ventures, not just on Tesla and SpaceX, but how they've shifted entire industries toward innovation. It's wild to think about how his vision has pushed others to compete and innovate at such a fast pace. That kind of insight made the documentary feel like a must-watch for anyone interested in the interplay between technology and culture.
 
Four hours is a lot but honestly I think this topic needs it. Musk is not a simple guy to explain in 90 minutes, he has his hands in so many industries that if you cut it short you miss half the story. What I like is that Gibney is not new to this kind of work, he did Enron and the Scientology documentary so he knows how to dig into powerful people without making it feel like a fan video. The CGI part is strange to me though. Using his old interview audio with a fake face feels like it could confuse people later who did not know this was not a real interview. I understand why they did it since he refused to join, but it still feels like a weird workaround for a serious documentary.
 
This is exactly the kind of documentary we need right now, somebody finally asking how one person got this much control over cars, rockets, AI and now a social media platform too. Gibney has a track record of exposing powerful people and institutions so I trust his approach more than a random streaming creator. 6.8 rating seems fair for something this heavy and long, not everyone has the patience for four hours. I am curious how deep they go into the political side though since that part of his life changed a lot recently. Will watch this for sure once it hits HBO.
 
I respect documentaries that try to connect the dots between someone's business empire and their political power, because those two things rarely get examined together properly. Musk is probably one of the hardest subjects to tackle fairly since people either worship him or hate him with no middle ground. The fact that he did not sit for an interview tells me this will lean more critical than flattering, which based on Gibney's past work does not surprise me at all. I am interested in how they used former colleagues and family members instead of just outside experts, that usually gives a more grounded picture. Not sure the CGI recreation was necessary though, archival clips alone would have worked fine without adding a slightly uncomfortable visual element to the whole thing.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top