Carrie ~ The Mini Series is To Be Released October 7, 2026

Mango Sorbet

What Am I made for?
“Carrie” is an Amazon Prime Original with 8 episodes, based on Stephen King’s 1974 debut novel. Mike Flanagan presents a modern and bold reimagining of this classic novel. It is […]
Read original article here:
 
Flanagan doing King material always ends up thoughtful instead of just scary. Making Carrie's world about phones and social media instead of just hallway teasing makes so much sense for today. The original already hit hard emotionally, but this version has a chance to feel way more real to teenagers watching now. Curious how they handle her mom though, that character can either be terrifying or just repetitive depending on the writing. Eight episodes gives them room to actually build her isolation properly instead of rushing it like the movies did.
 
Not gonna lie, I am tired of remakes but this one might earn it. The bullying update genuinely changes the story instead of just being a marketing gimmick. If they do it right, Carrie's rage will feel justified in a scary modern way.


Summer Howell already proved she can do horror, now she gets to lead one. That is a big step up.
 
Telekinesis stories hit different when the character actually has a reason to snap. Adding phones and viral videos into it feels almost obvious in hindsight, why did nobody think of it earlier.
 
I read the book years ago and honestly the ending still messes with me. If this series keeps that raw emotional gut punch while updating the technology parts, it could be one of the better King adaptations recently. Fingers crossed they do not soften Carrie's mother too much, her extremism is what makes the tragedy feel unavoidable.
 
Setting it in 2026 instead of doing a nostalgia trip was honestly a smart move, bullying online can be worse than in person sometimes because there is no escape from it.

I keep thinking about how her telekinesis represents repressed anger, and giving her modern bullying tools to react to makes the metaphor land even harder than before.
 
I have always liked Carrie as a horror story because the bullying feels almost as important as the supernatural part. Moving that into 2026 makes sense to me because teenagers can be humiliated online now, not just at school. A video can follow someone everywhere. I also like the idea of an eight-episode format because there is much more room to show Carrie’s home life and how isolated she really is. Summer H. Howell also seems like an interesting choice because she already has horror experience. I am curious about how Flanagan handles the telekinesis without making Carrie feel like a superhero. For me, the most important part is still Carrie herself and how she changes once she realizes she has some power over the people around her.
 
I have to admit, I am mostly here for the telekinesis. 😂 But I do like the setup. Carrie has always worked because the supernatural ability is connected to everything happening around her. She is not just randomly throwing objects around. Her emotions are becoming harder for her to control, and that makes the power frightening. Putting that story in 2026 could be really interesting. A bullied teenager with telekinesis and a smartphone sounds like a very bad combination. I can already imagine how quickly one incident could become a huge online story. I hope the series does not forget the horror while focusing on the modern setting. I want some creepy Carrie moments too. Eight episodes should give them enough time to build the tension instead of giving us everything immediately.
 
What interests me most is Carrie attending public school for the first time. That is such a simple situation, but for her it would feel like entering another world. She has been homeschooled and controlled by her mother, so she does not have the social experience that other students have. That makes the bullying especially cruel because she may not even understand what people are doing until it is too late. The social media element could make this much worse. I think the series has an opportunity to show how quickly one embarrassing moment can become a permanent memory for a teenager. I am also curious about Summer H. Howell because most of the roles mentioned here are very different from being the main character. Carrie requires a lot more emotional weight. I hope she gets room to make the character her own.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top