Idol (2019) ~ A Political Thriller of Truth, Guilt, and Moral Collapse

cmoneyspinner

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
“Idol” is a 2019 Korean movie, categorized as Crime, Thriller, Political Thriller, Legal Drama, Mystery, and Korean neo-noir, and streaming on Amazon Prime Video. Memorable Quote: “When the truth becomes inconvenient, people don’t bury lies — they bury each other.” SUMMARY: A respected politician’s son is implicated in a fatal hit-and-run. Was it a hit-and-run? The father of the victim says there might be a witness with a different account. Both the father of the criminal and the grieving parent of the victim embark on a collision course toward truth and justice.
Read original article here:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The twists weren’t crazy, but the tension kept building and building until I was on the edge of my seat. The father trying to protect his son is one of those “I get it, but I don’t” situations. The biggest surprise was how much I started to feel for Yoo Joong-Sik, even though he’s not really the hero. The whole thing was layered, and I love that it wasn’t afraid to show how messy life can get when people start covering up for each other. It wasn’t the best movie I’ve seen, but it left me thinking for a while afterward, and that’s saying something.
 
So, I can see why people like Idol, but for me, it didn’t quite hit the mark. The plot was interesting enough, but the pacing was just off. There’s a lot of talking, a lot of waiting for something to happen, and then it hits you with a twist that you sort of saw coming. I think the movie could’ve used a little more action or maybe a deeper dive into the characters' backstories. It’s decent, but I don’t think I’ll be watching it again anytime soon.
 
I loved how Idol doesn’t hold back when it comes to moral questions. The whole plot had me glued to the screen. It really makes you think about what’s right and how people twist the truth to protect their own. There were so many moments where I was just holding my breath, waiting to see what would happen next. I can’t stop thinking about how messed up the situation was, especially with the daughter-in-law. This is one of those films that’ll stick with you long after it’s over. Highly recommend it to anyone who likes their thrillers with a side of deep philosophical thinking.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top