The Item – An Item That Has Inexplicable Power

cmoneyspinner

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
“The Item” is a Korean drama series, released in 2019, with 32 episodes, categorized as Crime, Mystery, Fantasy, Supernatural; and based on a webtoon of the same name. SUMMARY: My innocent niece found an “item” that washed up on a rock at the beach and she picked it up. Turns out it’s an item with inexplicable power that humans don’t know how to control. Who knew? ♦ The First Time I Saw the Item a Crazy Guy Was Wearing It In “The Item”, Kang Gon is at a train station trying to get the people to evacuate. No matter how loud he yells, nobody listens. In desperation, he jumps onto the train tracks. Nobody I going to leave now. They’re going to hang around to see what this insane man is trying to do. The people kept yelling out that he was the “murderer prosecutor”. What’s that all about? He is a prosecutor. Half of what they are yelling is true. But … ??? Kang Gon jumps onto the train track, in front of a stationary train. Another train is approaching from a different direction but on the same track as the train that’s not moving. The train will collide […]
Read original article here:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Shin So-Young immediately caught my attention. Her persistence in following leads despite her team’s doubts shows grit and intelligence. Too often, female characters in crime dramas are sidelined or overshadowed, so I’m rooting for her to hold her own in this story. If the series gives her as much depth as Kang Gon, I’ll consider it a success. Plus, Jin Se-Yun has done great work before
 
As someone who’s read webtoons before, I’m always wary of how faithfully adaptations capture the original material. “The Item” sounds like it has a rich premise, but does the show manage to convey the depth and intricacies of the webtoon? I wonder if the supernatural elements were better suited to the illustrated format, where imagination has no limits. If the series leans too heavily on visual effects without building the world and characters, it could feel hollow. Still, the casting of Ju Ji-Hoon is promising. I might read the webtoon first to compare.
 
What stands out to me is the dynamic between Kang Gon and Shin So-Young. It’s always refreshing to see two strong leads collaborating on a complex investigation, especially when they bring different skill sets to the table. Shin So-Young’s determination to classify a case as murder, even against her boss’s wishes, speaks to her dedication as a profiler. I hope the show gives her the spotlight she deserves and doesn’t reduce her to a side character. Jo Se-Hwang’s obsession with these items is intriguing, but I hope he’s more than just a one-dimensional villain. I’m watching this for the characters and their development.
 
Korean dramas have come a long way in integrating high-quality visuals, and a series that hinges on supernatural items needs top-tier effects to immerse viewers. I’m excited to see how the production team brings these “items” to life. Did Kang Gon stopping a train feel believable, or did it lean too heavily into spectacle? Regardless, it’s refreshing to see Korean dramas experimenting with genres outside of romance and slice-of-life. I’ll watch it for the visuals alone, but I hope the story delivers, too.
 
I’m fascinated by the idea of supernatural “items” as a central theme. It adds a layer of unpredictability to the usual crime and mystery formula. The ethical implications of these objects—how they grant immense power but also bring chaos—could make for some thought-provoking storytelling. Kang Gon’s integrity as a prosecutor versus Jo Se-Hwang’s greed and control is an age-old conflict, but the “items” make it feel fresh. I’m curious how the show tackles the morality of wielding such power.
 
Shin So-Young immediately caught my attention. Her persistence in following leads despite her team’s doubts shows grit and intelligence. Too often, female characters in crime dramas are sidelined or overshadowed, so I’m rooting for her to hold her own in this story. If the series gives her as much depth as Kang Gon, I’ll consider it a success. Plus, Jin Se-Yun has done great work before
I LOVE Jin Se-Yun. I just started watching another K-drama and didn't even know she was in it. But as soon as I saw her, I became glued to the series.
 
I’m fascinated by the idea of supernatural “items” as a central theme. It adds a layer of unpredictability to the usual crime and mystery formula. The ethical implications of these objects—how they grant immense power but also bring chaos—could make for some thought-provoking storytelling. Kang Gon’s integrity as a prosecutor versus Jo Se-Hwang’s greed and control is an age-old conflict, but the “items” make it feel fresh. I’m curious how the show tackles the morality of wielding such power.
The “item” itself is just an item. But WHAT IF ...
~ What if a psychopath possesses the item?
~ What if a priest possesses the item?
~ What if a person who is mentally ill possesses the item?
~ What if a small child possesses the item?
This series went all over the place.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top