Books Books that you have failed to finish

Cloud Atlas......Sophies World.....50 Shade of Grey (good grief). Usually love reading and can keep pushing myself through most texts, however these texts....no, just didnt work for me. Maybe one day I will go back and try to keep focus to see then through.

A few years ago I bought myself a used copy of Les Miserables and I was dedicated and determined to read it and finish it. I read about 150 pages and I just couldn't keep reading it unfortunately! I still keep telling myself I'll go back and read it eventually.

This thread reminds me that I never finished "My Antonia" by Willa Cather. I met
someone with that name, and she said she was named after that book. When I got
the e-book for free, I thought I would find out why it's considered a classic. It reminds
me of "Little House on the Prairie," but not as compelling. I managed to get
about three-quarters of the way through and never found out. Maybe, just maybe, I'll
finish it later.

War and Peace. I have about 15 pages or less to go, but I can't handle it, I was quite ticked off with all the events at that point that I refused to finish this book.

Another one here who never bothered finishing "Fifty Shades of Grey". I wasn't offended by the content, it was just so repetitive, all the "Oh My" and lip biting. Really badly written.

It's not a book that I didn't finish per se, but I never got around to finishing the Eragon series, I never even bought the last book and I heavily disliked the one before that.
I don't know if it's because I grew up between the books but I just found the writing and storyline too naive and childish at some point...

Malazan: Book of the Fallen. I just cant get into it. its supposed to be one of the best series of the past couple decades and yet I just can't do it. I've tried numerous times but every single time I just get around half way and something else catches my eye that I want to read more. This usually doesn't occur for me and I can usually finish a book that I start.

Tons. I too did not finish War and Peace; Voyage au bout de la nuit; LOTR: Fellowship; this book from this guy who wrote about the lil' Muslim boy and the old Jewish woman... More books than I can count, I would always borrow 15 books from the library and start many of them and not finishing them all. 1001 Nights is another one; I'm somewhere in the second book.

Tons. I too did not finish War and Peace; Voyage au bout de la nuit; LOTR: Fellowship; this book from this guy who wrote about the lil' Muslim boy and the old Jewish woman... More books than I can count, I would always borrow 15 books from the library and start many of them and not finishing them all. 1001 Nights is another one; I'm somewhere in the second book.

I managed to get through LOTR: Fellowship as well as the Two Towers. I couldn't get through Return of the King.
I got up to the part where Sam charges into the tower to free Frodo and I realized that I was hoping that someone would just kill them both so I didn't need to read any more Hobbit chapters. I stopped reading then because I flipped through and most of the remainder of the book was Hobbit...

I managed to get through LOTR: Fellowship as well as the Two Towers. I couldn't get through Return of the King.
I got up to the part where Sam charges into the tower to free Frodo and I realized that I was hoping that someone would just kill them both so I didn't need to read any more Hobbit chapters. I stopped reading then because I flipped through and most of the remainder of the book was Hobbit...

Well that's a violent desire. XD Return of the King is the best out of the movies; I really wish I could bring myself to get this far!