The Best Character Arcs in Limited Series: Which Ones Stood Out?

Justin J

Active Member
Limited series have a unique way of storytelling that often leads to some of the most powerful character arcs we've seen on TV. I just finished "The Queen's Gambit" again, and I can't help but admire how they developed Beth Harmon from a troubled orphan to a chess prodigy. The depth they gave her struggles with addiction and loneliness was just so well done!

Another series that really impressed me was "I May Destroy You." The way Michaela Coel portrayed her character's journey through trauma and reclaiming her life was gut-wrenching yet beautifully authentic.

I'm curious which limited series character arcs struck a chord with all of you. Any standouts that you think deserve more recognition? Or any arcs that left you feeling a strong connection? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
 
Totally agree with you on both Beth Harmon and Arabella from "I May Destroy You." Their journeys feel so raw and relatable, like you're right there with them as they face their demons. I just finished a rewatch of "The Queen's Gambit" last week, and every time I see that chess match against Borgov, it gives me chills.

Another limited series that comes to mind is "The Night Of." The way they portrayed Nas' transformation throughout the story is haunting. From that innocent college kid to someone who's been shaped by such a traumatic experience, it's a heavy but compelling arc.

What do you think makes a character's journey feel authentic in limited series? Is it the writing, the performances, or a mix of both?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top