Soulslike RPG Kristala Launches Kickstarter

Peter Paltridge

Well-Known Member
Staff member
<p>The dark, action-oriented games of From Software have inspired their own genre, usually referred to as a “Soulslike” after their series Dark Souls. Astral Clocktower Studios, an all-female-owned team, have been working on their own Soulslike for some time, and are finally ready to show it off in the game’s crowdfunding campaign.</p>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This game's diverse development crew is incredibly motivating. The gameplay elements excite me greatly, notably the soul-like battle and the availability of various spells. I'm interested in learning more about the exotic sounding Ailur universe as I follow the intriguing plot developments. Supporting them will ensure that Kristala is released on consoles as well, including the Nintendo Switch.
 
The Kickstarter rewards sounded promising, but the in-game perks offered for certain tiers were underwhelming. The three custom emotes lacked variety, and I expected more exciting exclusive items for backers. The lack of details on the Nintendo Switch release is disappointing too. I'm cautiously optimistic about the game
 
Kristala has an interesting premise, and I appreciate the efforts of an all-female-owned game studio. However, the gameplay mechanics feel familiar, reminiscent of other soulslike RPGs. While the cat warrior concept is fun, I wonder if it will be enough to differentiate it from other titles in the genre. I'll keep an eye on the development progress and see how the game shapes up before making a decision to back it.The Kickstarter campaign for Kristala seems to be doing well, but I'm hesitant to jump on board just yet. The graphics look decent, but I'd like to see more gameplay footage and get a better sense of the story before pledging
 
I'm meowing with delight at the prospect of playing as an Anagativa cat warrior with magical talents! I can already see myself navigating the fantastical realm with cat-like reflexes and acrobatic parkour. Furthermore, the introduction of one-of-a-kind Kristal Memory pickup items that reveal prior events through audio and visual scenes is a great storytelling touch. Kristala is absolutely going on my Steam wishlist!
 
I recently read about Kristala and I'm really happy about it! Similar to Dark Souls but with a cat-centric twist! It's just purr-fect to imagine yourself as an anthropomorphic cat warrior exploring Ailur! and upgrading and modifying weapons? I'm in, please! I will undoubtedly pledge for the Early Access version since I'm eager to use magic and defeat foes. Supporting this studio run entirely by women will help Kristala become a reality.
 
Woah, Kristala sounds epic! I love action RPGs, and this one seems like a fantastic blend of combat, magic, and exploration. Being a cat warrior in a fantasy world is a unique idea that I can't wait to experience. And with the Kickstarter rewards, like exclusive in-game charms and armors, I'll be one stylish feline! I'm backing this project to get my paws on the Early Access version and support Astral Clocktower Studios' amazing work!
 
I admire your passion for Kristala, but I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of furry-themed games. I'm not a fan of the anthropomorphic cat characters or the whole cat warrior notion. I enjoy games with human protagonists and conventional RPG settings. It's nice to see such a varied range of games being created, but this one just isn't for me. Nonetheless, I hope all of you furry and RPG fans have a great time playing Kristala! Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
 
Yo, I hear ya, but let's talk about them furries and their cute characters. Everyone's got their own tastes, man, and that's cool. Some folks love those anthropomorphic characters like in Kristala, and that's all good.

Furry-themed games bring their own vibe to the gaming scene, and people dig that. Artists and developers put in hard work to make these characters hella adorable and lovable.
 
This is amazing! Kristala's Kickstarter campaign is exceeding expectations, and it is well-deserved. I'm really excited about the novel stretch goals they've devised. The idea of having your name engraved on a tombstone or constructing a miniature boss is mind-boggling! Furthermore, being a cat warrior and understanding the ancient power of several clans sounds like a fascinating trip. I'm spreading the word and pledging to assist Kristala become even more successful!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top