The Secret Romantic Guesthouse | A Viki Original Historical Korean Drama Series

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
<p>This is a common reoccurring event throughout the history of the ancient Korean kingdoms. Joseon is the last Korean Dynasty, and historical records indicate that its kings almost always rose to power after shedding the blood of their relatives. The storyline for The Secret Romantic Guesthouse begins with a young crown prince who barely escaped death. His father was been brutally slain by his uncle. Somehow he gets away, runs into the yard of a nobleman, and hides in a dog house.</p>

It's fascinating to learn about the historical background of the Korean kingdoms and how power was often gained through shedding blood. The struggle for the crown prince to hide his true identity adds an extra layer of suspense to the story.

There's Plastic tree
Flower scholars who stay at the Ihwawon Inn sound like interesting folks. I'm particularly intrigued in Jung Yu-ha, who seeks to win Yoon Dan-oh's heart. Love triangle conflict is always entertaining to see!The names and missions of the researchers are kept secret, adding to the tension of the plot. I'm curious if Yoon Dan-oh will eventually learn the genuine name of the deposed crown prince after all these years.

The Queen Dowager's situation is sad. It must be difficult for her as a mother to witness her children's tragic outcomes. I wonder if she will be able to use her influence to defend her grandson and restore justice to the kingdom. It's lovely to hear that "The Secret Romantic Guesthouse" has received such positive response from Viki viewers. I can see why readers would be drawn to the interesting characters and their intertwined love stories.

Yoon Dan-oh's journey from a little child to a businessman running a guesthouse is inspiring. I can image the difficulties she faces as a result of the haunted inn legend, but it definitely adds a sense of mystery to the plot. I'm interested to see how she balances her secret with the curiosity of her guests.

The idea of flower scholars is eye-catching. It's fascinating to see how the lives of the three scholars, each with their own goals and origins, get entwined with Yoon Dan-oh's. The love stories and hidden objectives add to the plot's intrigue.

The plight of Lee Seol, the deposed crown prince, is very heartbreaking. Thirteen years of hiding and seeking justice as his uncle's authority wreaks havoc on the country must have taken its toll on him. I'm pulling for him to restore his rightful status and bring stability to Joseon. The primary cast's character dynamics and chemistry appear to be a highlight of the series. It's heartwarming to learn that fans are captivated to their stories and want to see them succeed. I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationships evolve during the drama.

❤️ I want nobody but you
This is a must-see for its excellent writing, fast-paced plot, and intriguing characters! In contrast to other historical plays that emphasize emotional emotions, this one maintains a decent balance and keeps you entertained. It keeps you interested without stretching out the plot or letting the characters act unreasonably. You'll enjoy the detective elements without any unwanted pauses or unexpected character behaviors.

당신은 나의 햇살입니다
The Secret Romantic Guesthouse is best watched without prior knowledge since it keeps the viewer wondering about the secrets of the characters. It's a fast-paced and very enjoyable show that incorporates romance, friendship, and mysteries. Unlike other historical dramas, the politics in the palace are neither dull or uninteresting, so even those who normally avoid such dramas may like this one. Kang Hoon gets accolades for his portrayal of Shi Yeol, since he manages to stand out in a cast where every character has their moment and receives equal attention. The show does an excellent job of distributing their screen time.