Titan Books Collects Unpublished Disenchantment Comics

Administrator
<p>Bongo Comics, Matt Groening’s publishing house that mainly printed Simpsons and Futurama material (and assisted Stephen Hillenburg in the Spongebob Comics series), went out of business in 2018, and most people aren’t aware what a loss that truly was. With the Hollywood writer’s strike in full swing we’re hearing a lot of gripes about the studio system. Well, I have yet to hear a single complaint from a former worker about Bongo. It was pretty much the only publisher that WASN’T a profits-first, writers-last organization.</p>

This is the closest thing we are going to have a to new season. I love both The Simpsons and Futurama So I got hooked when I see Disenchantment on Netflix. I was devastated when Bongo Comics went out of business. But hearing about these previously unseen Disenchantment comics being collected by Titan Books has definitely brightened my day.

These Disenchantment comics are a long-awaited treat for fans of the show because I have a feeling Netflix silently canceled this show, and I'm excited to dive into them when they come out. It's always great to see a creator expand their universe and give fans more to enjoy.

I love that Matt Groening went above and beyond to get these comics made, even with the limitations of the studio system.

It's incredible that Matt Groening was able to get these comics made despite the studio system's limitations. It simply goes to show how crucial it is to stick to your vision and never give up on your creative goals. I'm overjoyed to learn that a fifth season of Disenchantment is in the works. The show has always been enjoyable, and it's wonderful to see that it's still continuing strong.