The Flashback Interview: Gail Ryan

Administrator
<p>In the cover photo for this article, you’ll recognize Marie Osmond and Barbara Eden, but you may be wondering who is accompanying them. The third party in this picture is my newest interview subject, Gail Ryan. Ms. Ryan is an accomplished hairstylist with credits going back to the 1960s. She’s worked with talents ranging from Dean Martin and Bob Hope to Demi Moore and Jim Carrey to Benicio Del Toro and many of the professionals on Dancing With The Stars.</p>

I didn't recognize Barbara Eden on that picture, she tried stopping her aging with plastic surgery but it made her unrecognizable.

Kay

Not familiar with her so I had no idea Gail Ryan was behind so many iconic hairstyles in film and television. Her journey into the industry is so inspiring, and I loved learning about her experiences working with Dean Martin and other legends.

дейве
What a fascinating interview with Gail Ryan! I was especially interested to learn about her work on How the Grinch Stole Christmas and the challenges she faced creating the film's iconic looks.

AB

Quirky Kdrama Fanatic
This interview with Gail Ryan was a reminder that there are so many talented individuals working behind the scenes in the entertainment industry. I had no idea just how much work goes into creating iconic hairstyles for film and television. Gail's passion and dedication to her craft is truly impressive.

Wow, it's really cool to hear about Gail's work on Once Upon A Brothers Grimm. I remember watching that special as a kid and being fascinated by the hairdos and costumes. It's interesting to hear about the behind-the-scenes work that went into it."

"It's so sweet to hear Gail talk about her experience working with The Carpenters. Karen had such a beautiful voice, and it's clear that Gail really admired her as a person as well. Sad she died so young.

Champion de la propreté
It's great to hear that The Osmonds are just as wholesome and lovely in person as they are on stage. It's nice to know that there are still performers out there who are genuinely good people.

I never thought about the impact of negative self-talk on my mental health until reading this. It's eye-opening to realize how much harm we can do to ourselves by constantly criticizing and putting ourselves down. I'm going to try to be more aware of my self-talk and work on being kinder to myself

The part about comparing ourselves to others really resonated with me. I find myself constantly scrolling through social media and feeling bad about myself because I don't look as good or have as exciting of a life as others seem to. It's hard to remember that social media only shows the highlight reel and not the behind-the-scenes struggles. This article is a good reminder to focus on my own journey and not worry about what others are doing. Gail lasted so long in the industry for a reason.

I appreciate that this article acknowledges that building self-confidence is not easy or quick. It takes time and effort to undo years of negative self-talk and societal pressures. It's a journey, not a destination, and that's okay