Stranger Things Stage Play Is A Prequel Story

Administrator
<p>We’ve known for some time that Netflix wants to make a stage play out of Stranger Things, but we figured it would be some kind of musical adaption of the story in the show. That is, after all, what is traditionally done, and Disney has done it repeatedly with its IP. Instead, we’re getting thrown a bit of a curve: Stranger Things: The First Shadow (announced today) is set in 1959, no songs, with teenage versions of the adult characters seen in the 80s-set series. Yes, it’s the P-word again.</p>

There wont be monsters on it right? I mean hopper encountered Demogorgons first as a middle aged adult.

Ariel's Bestfriend
As much as I want to watch this, I cannot afford to go to London. I am too poor to go overseas, the only way for me to watch broadway and westend musicals is to watch highschool productions of them. The only stage plays I can afford to watch are highschool and church productions because they are cheap.

Well, butter my biscuits! I'm just tickled pink to hear about that newfangled Stranger Things stage play, The First Shadow. It sure is intriguing that they're fixin' to take a prequel approach instead of sticking to the original story like a fly on a sticky bun. I reckon it'll be right exciting to see how they'll bring to life the teenage versions of them adult characters we know and love.

I agree that it's great news that this won't be a TV spinoff, and we won't have to endure another prequel on screen. No way I am going to watch another prequel because prequels have predictble endings and always messes up the lore. It's also a relief that we won't need to watch the play to understand the main storyline of the show.

Scoopin Ice Cream since Demogorgons invade Hawkins
Now this Stranger Things stage play's got me all kinds of curious. I'm just dyin' to know if any of the original creators of the show are gonna be involved in the production. And what's with this play openin' up in London, man? Ain't nobody askin' for that. Seems like they're tryin' to milk this cow for all it's worth, you feel me? I feel skeptic about this.