The Kids Are Back In Dungeons & Dragons: Saturday Morning Adventures

Administrator
<p>There’s a new movie set in the world of Dungeons & Dragons coming soon, and it’s not the first one. But way before any other type of media existed, way back in the early 80s, when the game itself was young, there was just ONE Hollywood interpretation of D&D. For many, it was their introduction to the notion that the game existed. We’re talking, of course, about the Saturday Morning cartoon.</p>

I have a blurry memory of this cartoon as a kid. All I remember is that a group of teens goes in a carnival ride called Dungeons and Dragons and they got transported into a different world. The boy who became the Knight is also super annoying. It lasted for three seasons I think.

Seriously Unserious
Even if it's only going to take place in the comics, I really, really need there to be some kind of conclusion to this story, and I really, really hope that IDW will make that happen. The last panel of the cartoon that aired on Saturday morning was missing its conclusion. Instead, the pivotal scene is retold in the form of an audiodrama, with several of the original cast members acting it out once again. Something you can see is better than something you can hear though.

Under My Spell
The Jem and the Holograms story has been retold by IDW Publishing, and it is a vast improvement over that awful Hollywood version. I have faith that IDW will be able to treat Saturday Morning D&D with the esteem that it warrants. It is very similar to an Isekai, with the exception that a group of people are transported rather than a single person. Because Toei Animation was the company that created the animation, one can say that it had an impact on subsequent Anime. I mean that there is an overwhelming quantity of isekai in Japan.

It didn't strike me as an especially entertaining program, but I wasn't able to watch it when I was younger, and the only parts I've seen are snippets on Dailymotion and YouTube. In light of this and the D&D-branded films that have been produced, I think it would be best for them to stick to tabletop and video games. Personally, I think that neither the movie nor the cartoon's scripts were written by D&D players. Instead of emphasizing the characters and who they are as people, they place an excessive amount of emphasis on the classes and what they can do.

Under My Spell
This is IDW though, this comics company had been able to turn turd into gold with all their adaptations.

Froggy Afternoon
I've only seen titbits online, but wasn't it a major plot point that the kids were "Isekai'd" to the D&D world and never returned because the show was cancelled? . If they actually make an effort to resolve the story once and for all, that is very commendable of them. As a result, the publication of this comic will make it possible for these children, who have spent an unending amount of time in the D&D universe, to leave and go back to their own world.

It's a good thing they changed Diana's leggings to the Acrobat design because the ones she was wearing before were way too revealing and hoochie for a girl of her age. When I think back to the 1980s and 1990s, I can't believe how sexualized underage cartoon characters were portrayed. Do not accuse me of being a prude; the fact that Wonder Woman is an adult 100 years old means that I have no problem with her wearing her unitard and corset. Diana the Acrobat on the other hand has not yet reached high school. She is still a middle schooler.

The script for the final episode, which was titled "Requiem," has been circulating on the internet since the 1990s. It was in its original form when I read it, as I recall. I really hope that, now that they have the publishing rights to these comic book adaptations, IDW will make good use of this opportunity. Some one made a fan made live action movie of this canceled finale too but I don't know where to find it.