Recent content by Ryan Bates

  1. R

    Seven (ish) “Fallout: New Vegas” Locations You Can Visit in Real Life

    October 23rd marks an important day for any fan of the Fallout franchise, as it was on this day in 2077 that the US and China launched enough nuclear lethality to obliterate civilization as we know it in the Great War. Take note, readers: you have 52 good years left, unless some idiot in...
  2. R

    10 Evil AI in Pop Culture that Walked So Grok Could Spew Hateful Nazi Bullsh*t

    If artificial intelligence learns from what human users feed it, then nobody has fed any AI system Dale Carnegie’s seminal 1936 work How to Win Friends & Influence People, because very few people are rooting for AI. Detractors of artificial intelligence consist of people from a wide variety of...
  3. R

    Diamond’s Flush: The Bad Beat Faced By Small Businesses in the Wake of Diamond’s Bankruptcy

    According to trusted financial advisor and shipping merchant who raises fancy dogs Lord Rupert Everton, bankruptcy is nature’s do-over – a fresh start. No debts, no baggage. It’s almost like the witness protection program. The process itself is simple. STEP 1: Step outside the office breakroom...
  4. R

    The Big Bad of Fallout Season 2 Might Not Be Who You Think

    Fallout fans still have a ways to go until the next mainline entry in the game series, but all things considered, Wastelanders are doing it for themselves. Amidst the rumors of a Fallout 3 remaster, the fan-made Fallout 4 conversion mod Fallout: London is making the professionals look like...
  5. R

    Empathy, Imagination, and Other Dangerous Values Ms. Rachel is Teaching America’s Kids

    Though I don’t have any children of my own, it is a little known fact that I am the World’s Greatest Guncle. (Gay uncle, for those of you not lucky enough to have one.) I know this to be true because one time while working at Disneyland in Anaheim, California, I took my older sister and her kids...
  6. R

    Drawing the Line: Why Texas SB-20 Gives Anime Fans Cause for Concern

    Sorry it took me a minute to respond, it's been a busy couple of weeks for me. It's going to HAVE to be up to Texans to fight back, honestly. Politicians, especially in Texas, aren't going to do their due diligence, and it may have to be two or three challenges where anime passes the Miller...
  7. R

    Drawing the Line: Why Texas SB-20 Gives Anime Fans Cause for Concern

    Sorry it took me a minute to respond, it's been a busy couple of weeks for me. It's going to HAVE to be up to Texans to fight back, honestly. Politicians, especially in Texas, aren't going to do their due diligence, and it may have to be two or three challenges where anime passes the Miller...
  8. R

    Drawing the Line: Why Texas SB-20 Gives Anime Fans Cause for Concern

    It’s not an easy time to be an American in 2025. After the astonishing rejection of a candidate who brought ideas to continue the rich economy the Biden administration worked for four years to develop while attacking inflation and protecting the rights of minority groups, we have seen Donald J...
  9. R

    Anime Obsessed NFL Star Jermaine Eluemunor: My Life Is a Sports and Shonen Saga!!

    You're totally right. I can tell you there was a bunch of material I didn't use. We had a big breakdown of Chainsaw Man - he's a big fan of anything from MAPPA - and chatted about Seven Deadly Sins some. He definitely knows his stuff, so you may see more from him on this site!
  10. R

    Anime Obsessed NFL Star Jermaine Eluemunor: My Life Is a Sports and Shonen Saga!!

    Thanks! I've already talked to PopGeeks about a couple more articles in this vein. Howbout a world champion boxer who's a gamer and anime geek? Or pro wrestlers who actually run their own gaming YouTube channel? I mean, I'm not announcing those future plans right here buuuuuuuuut... :)
  11. R

    Anime Obsessed NFL Star Jermaine Eluemunor: My Life Is a Sports and Shonen Saga!!

    Definitely agree - I mean, the hutzpah of challenging someone on ESPN? You gotta really be firm in your convictions to pull that move.
  12. R

    Anime Obsessed NFL Star Jermaine Eluemunor: My Life Is a Sports and Shonen Saga!!

    I get where you're coming from, but the other side of that coin is the old phrase "I don't know art, but I know what I like," right? Like, me personally, I'm sort of tired of shonen, but I never get tired of magical girl anime. We all have our likes and dislikes, and that's one of the great...
Back
Top