Recent content by MemmeJullia

  1. MemmeJullia

    Teach You a Lesson (2026) ~ The Educational Rights Protection Bureau is Real?

    I have mixed feelings about the whole ERPB idea. On one hand, I understand why a system like that is created in the story, because the schools are clearly breaking down in many ways. On the other hand, giving an agency physical power over students feels like something that could easily go too...
  2. MemmeJullia

    PRACTICAL MAGIC 2 ~ To Be Released September 11, 2026

    The multi-generational angle is actually what sold me on this. A lot of sequels repeat the same story with the same characters, but this sounds like it is trying to move forward. Having Sally's daughter discover her powers creates opportunities for conflict, especially if older family members...
  3. MemmeJullia

    Survivor 50 Is a Mess Waiting to Happen — 24 Legends, 26 Days, and Too Many Twists

    I’m lowkey fascinated by all the twists. Maybe they’ll add drama without ruining gameplay. Or maybe the Mr. Beast briefcase just decides a vote for someone randomly. Either way, this season is going to be insane, and I’m ready for it.
  4. MemmeJullia

    Nice to Not Meet You ~ A Sharp Satire Wrapped in Romance

    I loved the way the show presents the contrast between how people appear publicly and who they are in private. Lim Hyeon-joon’s struggle to escape his typecast role is handled delicately. You see the tension in his face, the hesitation in his movements, and it feels real. Wi Jeong-sin is just as...
  5. MemmeJullia

    EJAE Debuts Solo with “In Another World” After K-Pop Demon Hunters Success

    I really hope this song charts. EJAE has worked so hard for years, and In Another World is incredible. Please, fans, don’t fail her again—she deserves recognition for her talent and perseverance. Seeing her finally get the spotlight she earned would be amazing, and it would show that the world...
  6. MemmeJullia

    Netflix's "Monster" Gets Choppy with Lizzie Borden for Season 4

    I already see the tourism wave coming. Every time Lizzie Borden gets mentioned in pop culture, our local economy gets a little boost. Once this season of Monster airs, the Fall River bed and breakfast is going to be packed. People love staying in creepy places, especially when a big Netflix show...
  7. MemmeJullia

    Black Phone 2: Unearthing the Unthinkable Sequel

    Why can’t horror movies leave good stories alone? The first one had a good ending. Now they’re bringing back the villain even though he’s dead. That feels forced. I get that Gwen’s powers are interesting, but not every story needs a follow-up. I’ll wait for reviews before I decide to see it.
  8. MemmeJullia

    Karma ~ Frankly Speaking, They Had It Coming!

    "Karma" did something many shows struggle with. It made me care about people who made bad decisions. Like the doctor who covered up the hit-and-run—he wasn’t a good man, but he wasn’t a monster either. That gray area is interesting. People don’t always do the right thing, especially when they...
  9. MemmeJullia

    2 Korean Movies With Baffling Storylines (Or It's Just Me!)

    Ugh, I totally get you on Haunters! I watched it a while back and still can't decide if I loved it or hated it. The mind control was cool, but then it just went a bit too weird with the split personality. Maybe if they'd toned it down a notch it would have worked better.
  10. MemmeJullia

    Scavengers Reign: The Popgeeks Review

    Max cancelled this masterpiece last year and then renews... VELMA? Life is unfair hope Netflix audience will give it a deserved 2nd season
  11. MemmeJullia

    Karma: Jojo Siwa accidentally made a star out of Brit Smith

    Brit Smith getting her music out there after all these years is truly heartwarming. It's a shame her original shot didn't pan out, but sometimes things have a funny way of working themselves out. Jojo's attempt at a new image might not have landed, but hey, it opened the door for Brit's comeback.
  12. MemmeJullia

    Disney Exec Sean Bailey Leaving Studio After 15 Years

    Disney's film division is undergoing quite the makeover. Sean Bailey's exit after 15 years certainly raises questions about the studio's future direction. On the other hand, David Greenbaum's promotion hints at a strategic shift towards consolidating creative leadership. It's a fascinating...
  13. MemmeJullia

    One Dollar Lawyer: Retain an Attorney for One Dollar

    "One Dollar Lawyer" caught my attention, and not just because of the price tag. If this Cheon Ji-Hun character is genuinely committed to justice, leaving the Supreme Prosecutors' Office to help people on the outside, then count me in. We need more shows portraying lawyers as champions of justice...
  14. MemmeJullia

    The Last Voyage of the Demeter made Dracula scary again

    This is mind-boggling! How could I not know about this before now?! Universal needs to reconsider their marketing strategy, bro. I'm a major admirer of Nosferatu and Master Commander, and this film completely slipped under my radar. And guess what? They should have given it a more appropriate...
  15. MemmeJullia

    You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah, A Jewish coming of age Netflix original

    The Sandler family acting dynasty is building up. I admire Sandler's use of family in his work. This film appears to be quite entertaining. I have a lot of respect for today's teen movies in which the teen performers seem or are teens. I was about to cancel my Netflix account when this latest...
Back
Top