Recent content by LongBeachSurfDude2008

  1. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Ocarina Of Time For Switch 2 Releases November 5; 30-Minute Presentation Reveals All

    Sprinting on a button hold sounds like such an obvious feature but I guess in 1998 it just was not common yet in this type of game. Small changes like this really show how much game design expectations have shifted over the years even in a remake meant to feel familiar.
  2. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Masters Of The Universe Gets Second Chance On Home Video

    Honestly this doesn't surprise me at all. So many superhero and IP movies coming out at the same time this year, people are tired of it. I skipped this one too because I thought it would be another forgettable reboot. But seeing 86% on Rotten Tomatoes makes me curious now. I might actually rent...
  3. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Felicia Day Is Bringing The Guild Back...For A Ren Faire

    That Kickstarter number is crazy. Hitting $1.5 million in just a few hours says the audience was already waiting for this. It also proves that not every old series needs a streaming service to come back. Sometimes fans are willing to support something directly if they trust the person behind it...
  4. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Mega Kaiju Boom Ball: The Popgeeks Review

    I’m excited about the addition of monsters and destructible environments. This gives the game more character and context compared to the abstract blocks in older ball-bouncing games. I like the idea of targeting monsters while clearing obstacles and dodging attacks. It feels more interactive and...
  5. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Critical Role Releases Official Trailer For Campaign 4

    Thirteen players is a lot, and I am curious how they will all interact without anyone being left out. The idea of splitting into Soldiers, Schemers, and Seekers seems smart because it will let each character shine in their own way, but I hope the overarching story keeps everyone connected. The...
  6. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    The Game Master’s Deck of Wild Magic and Mischief Dated For October 7

    I have to say, the idea of combining wild magic with tarot-style cards is very clever. I run a few D&D campaigns myself, and sometimes it is hard to keep battles interesting. Having forty new magical effects on cards sounds like it could add unpredictability without slowing the game. I also like...
  7. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Scavengers Reign: The Popgeeks Review

    Oh man, Scavengers Reign just showed up on Netflix! Remember how everyone was talking about it last year but it got cancelled? So glad it found a new home! I haven't seen it yet, but I'm gonna watch it just to support cool, weird cartoons like this. Hopefully, enough people do the same and...
  8. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Yolk Heroes: A Long Tamago Released For Steam

    I’m not usually into hardcore gaming, but Yolk Heroes: A Long Tamago is perfect for my pace. The idle gameplay means I don’t have to be constantly active, and I can still feel a sense of achievement as my elves grow and complete quests. It’s great for unwinding after work or during breaks. Plus...
  9. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Jackie Chan Movie Hidden Strike Released To Netflix

    I want to highlight something about Hidden Strike – it's not your typical Hollywood movie. Nope, it's actually a Chinese film. Even though it's in English, it's not made by Hollywood studios. This showcases how the Chinese movie industry is spreading its wings and making films for a global...
  10. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Made In NY Program Rewards Everyrealm

    Gaming is now a massive industry worth billions of dollars, and it's even bigger than movies and music. The article talks about a cool program in New York City that supports indie games made locally. The winner, Everyrealm, is creating a game called "RU1" and is donating to a group called Games...
  11. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    Yaksha: Ruthless Operations | A Netflix Korean Film | Political Thriller

    I love spy movies, so I was really excited to watch it. The main guy, Yaksha, is so cool! He's like this super tough spy doing crazy missions. The story is pretty cool, but I kinda figured out who the bad guys were early on. Still, it's a fun movie to watch if you're into action and spy stuff!
  12. LongBeachSurfDude2008

    FF Origin Is this game worth buying?

    Dude, This game is Amazeballs! Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin is totally gnarly! The storyline is so engaging, and the characters are so rad that it's easy to get totally invested. If you're into Final Fantasy, you won't be disappointed, brah! It's got everything you need in a game -...
Back
Top